Which Car Cover?

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Which cover are you using for indoors? I am cleaning lots of pollen off of my car even in the garage and it is a pain. Not looking to skinflint this one.
Sponsored

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
If it's about dust and pollen, in a garage, a plastic drop cloth will do. If you're looking at outdoor protection, UV, door dings, snow, rain...that's a different category of car covers.

I'm not recommending going cheap, but your needs will dictate the solution, and the response from the forum.

If you're looking for something substantial, check out CoverCraft or similar.

OP
OP
Johnny Rockit

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Covercraft has some nice products. I am not looking cheap but only want an indoor cover at the moment. It may be worthwhile to get a universal material. I am going to check out as many quality covers as I can before purchase. I will be putting Steeda jacking rails after Carlisle and will be asking around to see who has what. I appreciate the help.

Sponsored

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
Covercraft has some nice products. I am not looking cheap but only want an indoor cover at the moment. It may be worthwhile to get a universal material. I am going to check out as many quality covers as I can before purchase. I will be putting Steeda jacking rails after Carlisle and will be asking around to see who has what. I appreciate the help.
I purchased a Covercraft outdoor cover for much of the same reasons (can't remember the specific cloth/model). My Mustang is parked indoors when not in use. Dust, pollen, and the like are the main concerns. But I might be leaving it outdoors during a road trip. And being a convertible a good quality cover helps when it's sitting top down. That's why I went with an outdoor fabric even though that may be overkill for everyday use. I've used Covercraft for several cars and they fit well.

Something to think about is bulk. Some of the all weather covers can be bulky and take up trunk space.

I went with Steeda jacking rails. Installation was easy, didn't have to jack the car up. Jacking rails are pretty simple, just a slab of metal so I didn't give it much thought. If you're car is a daily driver in bad weather then corrosion resistance might be something to look into. Otherwise any of the major brands will serve you well.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Both of those look like the OEM cover minus the graphics. Like most of you, I've had covers for many vehicles over many years and I have to say, the stretchy satin version from Ford is my favorite cover of all. One person job, even on a slick vehicle, and easy to put on and take off. I did modify the graphic on mine, though. :cool:

1684574488087.png

The real thing.

1684574590525.png