Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Looks great!

Any reason for the Gen 3 over the Gen 5?
They want 15,000 plus for a Whipple new up here
In BC add 12% tax.
Install and tune equals big bucks.
I found this used in Ontario.
Still big bucks but nowhere near what 3.0 would have cost me.
Of course if I could afford the 3.0 would love it but...
I think finding any used blower up here is like finding a Unicorn let alone a Whipple.
Lol
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Ah gotcha.

I’m in Ontario! I know all about cost of blowers and tax (13% here).
Install it yourself and save a fortune. Really not too bad to do either.

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Ah gotcha.

I’m in Ontario! I know all about cost of blowers and tax (13% here).
Install it yourself and save a fortune. Really not too bad to do either.
Exactly what I plan to do, got an amazing deal from AM on a new Edelbrock E-Force supercharger during Black Friday, worked out to the same price as what everyone was asking for a used supercharger kit. Shipping including duties and taxes was $535 so it was a no brainer to just have it shipped to me here vs Buffalo. The new kits are all plug and play so I'm taking on task myself, keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth install.... I'll keep you all posted.

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
BC boy here. 2017 GT.
N/A for now but Whipple Gen 3 stage 2 going on in 3 weeks.

Screenshot_20230105-162712_Photos~2.jpg
How sweet was that deal? You'll definitely be happy with that. My last supercharger I bought used off a guy in Texas, was fortunate that the guy was straight up and honest about everything, worked out amazing for me. I get worried about used blowers missing odds and ends like hoses, harnesses, hardware etc. There was guy in Kingston, Ontario selling a stage 2 Gen 5 Whipple 3.0 for $10,000.... At that cost I couldn't take a chance.... too much money at stake..... Hope to share the install here once I start.

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
How sweet was that deal? You'll definitely be happy with that. My last supercharger I bought used off a guy in Texas, was fortunate that the guy was straight up and honest about everything, worked out amazing for me. I get worried about used blowers missing odds and ends like hoses, harnesses, hardware etc. There was guy in Kingston, Ontario selling a stage 2 Gen 5 Whipple 3.0 for $10,000.... At that cost I couldn't take a chance.... too much money at stake..... Hope to share the install here once I start.
I bought this in Ontario.
The guy didn't want to ship he tells me after 2 weeks of emails. So i was going to fly back there an do the deal.
But the guy I buy most of my parts from name is Lou and owns Barone Performce somewhere in Ontario. Anyhow he says send him the money he will buy it and ship to me.
He's a great guy owns a race car and has good pricing on HiPo parts.
So i gave him the price that airfare would have cost to broker the deal. Talk about having to trust someone with $8,700.
I was freaking out for a couple days.
Lol
All worked in the end plus Lou is a great guy. So the it wasn't a far stretch to trust a shop owner who wouldn't want the kind of publicity.
Now just waiting for a VMP boosta pump and let the games begin.

Sponsored

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I would have jumped all over that 3.0 if i lived there.
As it is the airbox lid was not in my package. And the guy says i have what he got. So yea doing deals long distance can be a PITA alright.

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
The guy didn't want to ship he tells me after 2 weeks of emails. So i was going to fly back there an do the deal.
But the guy I buy most of my parts from name is Lou and owns Barone Performce somewhere in Ontario. Anyhow he says send him the money he will buy it and ship to me.
So i gave him the price that airfare would have cost to broker the deal. Talk about having to trust someone with $8,700.
Lol
All worked in the end plus Lou is a great guy. So the it wasn't a far stretch to trust a shop owner who wouldn't want the kind of publicity.
I know Lou personally, great guy he's a good as they get! Congrats again can't wait to see some numbers from it.

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I know Lou personally, great guy he's a good as they get! Congrats again can't wait to see some numbers from it.
That's great. Small world sometimes.
Shell just got us in BC a new 93 Vpower supposed to be way higher Octane than OUR BC Chev 94 so expecting some decent power.
Better than my old Roushcharged 3V anyway.
Lol

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Lol
I know Lou! I’ve bought a few things from him in the past also. Stand up guy and wouldn’t screw you. He’s got an 11 (last gen anyways) with a single turbo. Runs really well!! May be able to see pics on his YouTube or at Rev Auto.

I would have been leery buying from a “no one”. There’s quite a few scammers out here on Kijiji selling stuff. When I was looking a few years ago I ran into a few. I wanted to pick up and pay cash. They wanted to ship - even 2 hour drive types. Generic pics. No real knowledge.
Said screw it and went new.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
No Petro Canada out in BC?
In Ontario we have petro Canada 94 and it’s great! Noticeably better than the Mobil / Esso 93 anyways. For
Me. YMMV.

Sponsored

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I know Lou! I’ve bought a few things from him in the past also. Stand up guy and wouldn’t screw you. He’s got an 11 (last gen anyways) with a single turbo. Runs really well!! May be able to see pics on his YouTube or at Rev Auto.

I would have been leery buying from a “no one”. There’s quite a few scammers out here on Kijiji selling stuff. When I was looking a few years ago I ran into a few. I wanted to pick up and pay cash. They wanted to ship - even 2 hour drive types. Generic pics. No real knowledge.
Said screw it and went new.
Lou knew the guy and said he was stand up enough and that was good enough. And yes I did check Lou's FB page also. But still missing the air box lid that i can't get anywhere. But that's small beans. I'm excited to get this as my last 06 GT was Roushcharged and was a weak 515 RWHP.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I bet! You’re going to
Love it!

Have you posted up here asking if anyone has one? Did you try whipple themselves to see if they have the lid? Gotta be one out there…

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
No Petro Canada out in BC?
In Ontario we have petro Canada 94 and it’s great! Noticeably better than the Mobil / Esso 93 anyways. For
Me. YMMV.
Only Petrocan 91.
I used to be real jealous of the numbers you guys were putting down out there.
But with this new gas we should be improving the ouput of a lot of cars that aren't running E.
The Dyno shop that does my tuning did a test of 5-6 different fuel octanes same car, same dyno,same day. around here and one from the states. Chev 94 failed miserably and Shell 93 equaled US 92. His You Tube video changed the whole car scene out here as far as power goes.
Shell oil was so impressed with the guys video they invited him and his wife to go see an F1 race in Europe with all the frills.
Oustanding!

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I bet! You’re going to
Love it!

Have you posted up here asking if anyone has one? Did you try whipple themselves to see if they have the lid? Gotta be one out there…
Whipple doesn't have them and I've hit few guys up here and there. But haven't put out an all points yet.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I’m jealous of the Shell 93. There’s basically 91 octane with a few stations of Mobil and East that have 93. Those are all E 0. The Petro Canada 94 is 10% Ethanol.
Good luck with the lid. One will find its way to you…
Sponsored