Wheel Spacers

markbehr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Does anyone know if 20mm or 25mm wheel spacers will fit ok on a 2020 GT Premium Blackout package 255/40 ZR19 wheels? Will they cause stress/harm to the front axle? Any rubbing? cutting?
Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Does anyone know if 20mm or 25mm wheel spacers will fit ok on a 2020 GT Premium Blackout package 255/40 ZR19 wheels? Will they cause stress/harm to the front axle? Any rubbing? cutting?
you need extended studs.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
That's an inch :)

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Even for the 25mm spacers?
Yes well I hope you are talking about slip on hub centric spacers.
Bolt on spacers don’t have a great rep.
But yea you would need extended studs. You won’t have enough thread engagement

Sponsored

OP
OP
markbehr

markbehr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yes well I hope you are talking about slip on hub centric spacers.
Bolt on spacers don’t have a great rep.
But yea you would need extended studs. You won’t have enough thread engagement
Well that makes more sense. Wasnt sure why i would need extensions. I was thinking about the bolt ons. Havent heard about the bad rep.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Well that makes more sense. Wasnt sure why i would need extensions. I was thinking about the bolt ons. Havent heard about the bad rep.
I’ve read quite a few threads about the bolts on the spacers snapping. It’s not the safest way to have a spacer. But you’ll have people who run them without ever having an issue then there are those who have or seen someone who has. So I guess you can decide how much of a chance you want to take

OP
OP
markbehr

markbehr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I’ve read quite a few threads about the bolts on the spacers snapping. It’s not the safest way to have a spacer. But you’ll have people who run them without ever having an issue then there are those who have or seen someone who has. So I guess you can decide how much of a chance you want to take
We take chances with everything we do in life, however im not willing to take chances when it comes to my wheels and brakes.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
We take chances with everything we do in life, however im not willing to take chances when it comes to my wheels and brakes.
I would say that is a smart choice. Best bet is to just get wheels with better offsets or extended studs if you are adamant on running spacers

OP
OP
markbehr

markbehr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I would say that is a smart choice. Best bet is to just get wheels with better offsets or extended studs if you are adamant on running spacers
Hate to spend money on new wheels. The car isnt even 2 months old yet and i really love how the wheels look.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Hate to spend money on new wheels. The car isnt even 2 months old yet and i really love how the wheels look.
I understand. well you can find wheels and sell yours to offset the cost but I guess you still would have to put in more than you would like.

I see you are in Baltimore. I'm right over in Hanover so if you ever need help with anything and would like to try something out before you buy, just let me know.

OP
OP
markbehr

markbehr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I understand. well you can find wheels and sell yours to offset the cost but I guess you still would have to put in more than you would like.

I see you are in Baltimore. I'm right over in Hanover so if you ever need help with anything and would like to try something out before you buy, just let me know.
Thats cool. Im actually in Gambrills/Crofton
Sponsored