Sponsored

wheel and tire questions.

xIBullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
So I recently ordered myself a new GT with the factory 18's for the sole reason on my current vehicle i just purchased a set of 18 inch studded winter tires. I've got a pair of wheels (2014 RTR 19x9.5's) sitting in my garage that i was originally going to use on my current vehicle and just buy new summer tires to use.

So I have a few questions as i'm not very proficient in tires.

1) I believe that they will have no issue fitting as I did not order a performance pack GT just a premium so I don't have to worry about Brembo clearance. Though I would like to make sure so the dealership I work at I could just trade them to something that will fit for the same value.

2) As for the summer tires I am working everything into my financing and looking to do a staggered fit (or would going the same all size on all for wheels be better traction)?

3) I'm looking at a couple of options for High performance tires as well. To save a bit of cash per month my Co-Worker suggested the Sumitomo HTR Z III's which I have looked up and from what i'm understanding are a good tire for there less expensive price. Though as an advocate of "you get what you pay for" I'm thinking of spending a bit more and going with a more expensive tire. Nitto 555's if they make them in the correct fitment (255/40/19 or 275/40/19) or possibility of Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
The wheels will work ( just need to confirm the offset)

As for tires, since they are the same size all around I really recommend keeping the tires same size as well and this way you can rotate

275/40/19 is a great choice for the tires

Your on the right path for the tires

Sumitomo HTRZ III
Michelin PSS
Hankook K120
Conti DW

Last edited:
OP
OP
xIBullet

xIBullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
The wheels will work ( just need to confirm the offset)

As for tires, since they are the same size all around I really recommend keeping the tires same size as well and this way you can rotate

245/40/19 is a great choice for the tires

Your on the right path for the tires

Sumitomo HTRZ III
Michelin PSS
Hankook K120
Conti DW
Thanks for the quick reply. I personally am not sure what the offset is on them. If your doing some research on your end that's awesome! Could I potentially go with a larger tire as well for more traction? say 265 or 275 all the way around or would i have issues with the fender line? I know my factory 14 V6 wheels were 255/50/18's. Being a new platform would it be possible? I believe I saw a post on here a month or so back with someone receiving a set of 275 performance pack tires all round instead of the staggered finish.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the quick reply. I personally am not sure what the offset is on them. If your doing some research on your end that's awesome! Could I potentially go with a larger tire as well for more traction? say 265 or 275 all the way around or would i have issues with the fender line? I know my factory 14 V6 wheels were 255/50/18's. Being a new platform would it be possible? I believe I saw a post on here a month or so back with someone receiving a set of 275 performance pack tires all round instead of the staggered finish.
I just noticed sorry that was a typo I meant

275/40/19 tire

Ill get that edited right now

As for the offset, if you look behind the wheel on one of the pad spoke designs you will see a circle with a number in it thats the offset.

It should be a 19x9.5 ET 35

OP
OP
xIBullet

xIBullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I just noticed sorry that was a typo I meant

275/40/19 tire

Ill get that edited right now

As for the offset, if you look behind the wheel on one of the pad spoke designs you will see a circle with a number in it thats the offset.

It should be a 19x9.5 ET 35
Looking at the wheel now I am not seeing anything with a number in a circle only number I am seeing is 33? Not sure if that correct or not.

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Looking at the wheel now I am not seeing anything with a number in a circle only number I am seeing is 33? Not sure if that correct or not.
Anyway you can email me a image of the back so I can see it

[email protected]

Proudgeek

OCD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Three Stangs
I would scratch the sumis off the list.

OP
OP
xIBullet

xIBullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Email is out. Not sure how well you will be able to see the information on the back of the spokes as they are the anthracite grey ones.
Email received just emailed you back.

15guardGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Green Auto GT
The RTR's have a +33 offset

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
The RTR's have a +33 offset
Thank you Mr. Hughes !

Thought it was a ET 35, but 2 mm doesnt make it or break it

The wheels will fit.

OP
OP
xIBullet

xIBullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Awesome! That's good new. As for the difference between Sumitomo's and Michelin PSS. Will I notice a huge difference? Main concern is performance in wet and slick conditions.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! That's good new. As for the difference between Sumitomo's and Michelin PSS. Will I notice a huge difference? Main concern is performance in wet and slick conditions.
The PSS is a good summer performance tire, the Sumitomo is a good summer performance tire.

However when it gets to wet and slick cold conditions they both can slip traction depending on the conditions and how hard your pushing it.

OP
OP
xIBullet

xIBullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Well I don't have to worry to much about me going full blown crazy in the slick conditions it is just everyone else on the road I have to worry about! But from what I am reading between the forums and internet i think for the extra couple bucks i'll end up doing the PSS

Thanks for all the help guys! Appreciated!

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Well I don't have to worry to much about me going full blown crazy in the slick conditions it is just everyone else on the road I have to worry about! But from what I am reading between the forums and internet i think for the extra couple bucks i'll end up doing the PSS

Thanks for all the help guys! Appreciated!
your welcome
Sponsored