What's the weirdest advice?

Diablocoastie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue EB (SOLD)
My gas needle thingy is pointing to the E what should I do next? Just kidding, got you laughing though!

Since I thought about getting my EBM I trolled around on this site looking for the good and bad with all models. I have to say that some things ask on here is some crazy stuff. Don't get me wrong, everyone starts somewhere.

So my questions is what's the weirdest advice someone has ask for on here?
....:crazy:
Sponsored

drbrian722

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Without a doubt it's the Manual or Automatic threads. I think most people know the transmission they want before the color and possibly the engine. I was between a GT coupe in guard and an EB convertible in comp orange for a while, but either would have a manual. Just my 2 cents however, YMMV.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Without a doubt it's the Manual or Automatic threads. I think most people know the transmission they want before the color and possibly the engine. I was between a GT coupe in guard and an EB convertible in comp orange for a while, but either would have a manual. Just my 2 cents however, YMMV.
Yeah, I can't really fathom somebody who would be on the fence about whether to buy an automatic or a manual. That's sort of like being on the fence between buying a Cessna or a house -- they might cost about the same, but they're not things that people really cross-shop.

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Yeah, I can't really fathom somebody who would be on the fence about whether to buy an automatic or a manual. That's sort of like being on the fence between buying a Cessna or a house -- they might cost about the same, but they're not things that people really cross-shop.
Not true. You probably only feel that way because you can't drive a stick. Your perspective is skewed.

Manual vs Auto was the hardest decision I had for the Mustang. I love driving a stick, but traffic in Austin is now top 5 worst in the nation even some studies showing worse than New York! http://kxan.com/2014/03/04/austin-traffic-worse-than-nyc-study-says/

I drove both, I considered and reconsidered and eventually made my decision.

So, yes those of us who can drive both actually do consider which one to get.

Granted, I didn't post asking the forum to answer this for me. I would agree that's a terrible question to ask people on a forum.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Not true. You probably only feel that way because you can't drive a stick. Your perspective is skewed.

Manual vs Auto was the hardest decision I had for the Mustang. I love driving a stick, but traffic in Austin is now top 5 worst in the nation even some studies showing worse than New York! http://kxan.com/2014/03/04/austin-traffic-worse-than-nyc-study-says/

I drove both, I considered and reconsidered and eventually made my decision.

So, yes those of us who can drive both actually do consider which one to get.

Granted, I didn't post asking the forum to answer this for me. I would agree that's a terrible question to ask people on a forum.
Another reason to give pause is it seems some autos don't work at night. And race mode is sometimes buggered.

[ame]

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
My gas needle thingy is pointing to the E what should I do next? Just kidding, got you laughing though!

Since I thought about getting my EBM I trolled around on this site looking for the good and bad with all models. I have to say that some things ask on here is some crazy stuff. Don't get me wrong, everyone starts somewhere.

So my questions is what's the weirdest advice someone has ask for on here?
....:crazy:
Search Jimmy's posts. Kidding Jimmy. :)

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Removing the dash panel/door trim to look for rattles is some pretty dumb advice that I've seen. Your almost guaranteed to have 2 new ones after that

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I think it's the asking what color should I get threads personally.

Catfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2003 Cobra, 2015 GT PP
I think it's the asking what color should I get threads personally.
Agreed, this forum is so helpful and knowledgeable most of the time, but some evenings I open up general forums and say WTF to myself. LOL

Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
That's sort of like being on the fence between buying a Cessna or a house -- they might cost about the same, but they're not things that people really cross-shop.
Of all the f'ing examples you coulda given...a buddy of mine that loves flying actually had this exact problem. Ended up compromising on exactly what he wanted but did end up getting both...

Herr Squid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Ecoboost Premium
It's the questions that boil down to "what do I want?" (especially on color and transmission) that totally gast my flabber... :tsk:

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Manual vs Auto was the hardest decision I had for the Mustang.
I agree completely. I could have gone either way. I hadn't seriously considered an AT until I was pretty deep into the order process, but being really honest with myself it turned out to be the thing to do. Though color wasn't an easy choice, either, but I ultimately got the color I started with, after changing my mind five times. PP was another hard choice. If I had REALLY wanted the PP it would have made the MT/AT choice for me, and that would have been OK. But 3.73 gears are too short for my taste, and I HATE (HATE!) the black wheels. So I decided to go without the PP and try the base suspension, which has turned out to be amazingly good. And then there was the base/Premium choice. Could have gone either way on that, too. The base interior is nice, I like the cloth seats, but I wanted the toys and really like the Premier leather.

All said, I had about 8 different cars I could have ordered, right up to the day I ordered, and I would have been happy with any of them. There was no single "right" way to do it for me, just way too many attractive options that were mutually exclusive. Didn't even talk about the EB option, which got some consideration, too.
Sponsored