OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Hmmm so that must be the oil tank on the right hand side? 🤔
Maybe I should start refueling it with 2-stroke fuel instead!

This is one of the plugs that needs to cleaned on a regular basis.

IMG-3603.jpg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Holy fouled plugs Batman that's next level :shock:

Not sure how it even runs.

Yeah, 50:50 mix might do it. I trust no one actually buys oil for these pigs, the used oil from the Mustang is probably too good for them.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Holy fouled plugs Batman that's next level :shock:

Not sure how it even runs.

Yeah, 50:50 mix might do it. I trust no one actually buys oil for these pigs, the used oil from the Mustang is probably too good for them.
From memory, when I took that pic it was only running on one cylinder. The right-hand side is obviously the one letting the side down.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hey D (or anyone else reading this), any experience with CarPro Retyre tire & rubber cleaner? I mainly use Adam’s Tire & Rubber cleaner but am running low so figured I’d give CarPro a try since I generally like their products. I’ll report back with my thoughts as well, likely won’t be until spring when I can wash in my driveway again.

69E83EB1-E2FD-43AE-A02F-E510994A2A7E.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Hey D (or anyone else reading this), any experience with CarPro Retyre tire & rubber cleaner? I mainly use Adam’s Tire & Rubber cleaner but am running low so figured I’d give CarPro a try since I generally like their products. I’ll report back with my thoughts as well, likely won’t be until spring when I can wash in my driveway again.

69E83EB1-E2FD-43AE-A02F-E510994A2A7E.jpeg
When ReTyre was released, I was pretty excited to give it a try. However, I have had mixed experiences with ReTyre, some of which differ from other well respected sources.

I think a lot of variables I experienced with ReTyre comes down to vast difference in tires I have used it on. For example, I have a pair of Michelin PS3's that it couldn't get truly clean. To be fair on ReTyre, those PS3's resist almost all attempts to strip them this side of something like Tarminator or Mineral Spirits.

On the flip side, it worked very well on this set of Dunlop's on my XR8.

IMG-4747.jpg

IMG-1551.jpg

It also did good work on these HT Bridgestone's on a Ranger.

IMG-1389.jpg

The big killer for ReTyre is the foaming nozzle consumes more product than a regular sprayer. It also doesn't work quite as well without the foam.

Having said all that, I have read of people loving ReTyre. I would say, try it out and see what you think. Adam's Tire & Rubber is a particularly good option in this area. Also look at P&S Undressed and Shine Supply Wise Guy (super strong!).

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
When ReTyre was released, I was pretty excited to give it a try. However, I have had mixed experiences with ReTyre, some of which differ from other well respected sources.

I think a lot of variables I experienced with ReTyre comes down to vast difference in tires I have used it on. For example, I have a pair of Michelin PS3's that it couldn't get truly clean. To be fair on ReTyre, those PS3's resist almost all attempts to strip them this side of something like Tarminator or Mineral Spirits.

On the flip side, it worked very well on this set of Dunlop's on my XR8.

IMG-4747.jpg

IMG-1551.jpg

It also did good work on these HT Bridgestone's on a Ranger.

IMG-1389.jpg

The big killer for ReTyre is the foaming nozzle consumes more product than a regular sprayer. It also doesn't work quite as well without the foam.

Having said all that, I have read of people loving ReTyre. I would say, try it out and see what you think. Adam's Tire & Rubber is a particularly good option in this area. Also look at P&S Undressed and Shine Supply Wise Guy (super strong!).
Thanks D! I’ll report back with my experience once I’m able to get outside with it (we’ve got snow in the forecast next week so it might be a while 😔). I do have some Adam’s left as a backup just in case…

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks D! I’ll report back with my experience once I’m able to get outside with it (we’ve got snow in the forecast next week so it might be a while 😔). I do have some Adam’s left as a backup just in case…
What tires are on your car?

The Retyre will certainly do the job, you will just blow through the bottle pretty quick.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Delivery from Detailing Shed arrived today..........

IMG-6097.jpg

This is my first delivery of Obsessed Garage products from Detailing Shed, in this case all three liquids and a Pressol label (not pictured).

https://detailingshed.com.au/product...amination-soap
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...age-drying-aid
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...-tire-dressing
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...43470272266455

IMG-6099.jpg

I have run down the supply of my bulk NV Snow+, OG Decon Soap is it's replacement in my process. Until NV return Snow and Snow+ to their advertised pH readings, I'm pausing these for a while.

Another item that caught my eye was this Maxshine detailing seat cushion.

https://detailingshed.com.au/product...d-mini-creeper

IMG-6111.jpg

This purchase was a calculated gamble. These detailing seats are made in China for a variety brands, including Maxshine, Adam's, Griot's and Economax. My version is the Economax from Waxit and doesn't have a padded seat. After comparing measurements between my seat and the specs for this padded cushion, I felt like it was worth taking the $36 gamble to see if it fitted. My hunch paid off..............

IMG-6114.jpg

IMG-6121.jpg

IMG-6124.jpg

Fits perfectly!! No more numb bum!

The box that arrived this afternoon looked just a bit big for the items I ordered, I quickly realised why...........

IMG-6108.jpg

The kind and generous Nick from Detailing Shed threw in a few freebies for this order. As I said previously when speaking about my involvement in getting OG products to Australia, it was never about money or material gain. However, this gesture certainly made me smile.

I also put another chemical into a Pressol bottle, with matching label for good measure. The heat gun improves adhesion.

IMG-6139.jpg

What a lineup!!

IMG-6143.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
What tires are on your car?

The Retyre will certainly do the job, you will just blow through the bottle pretty quick.
I have Bridgestone Blizzak WS90 for winter and Continental Extreme Contact Sport for summer

Sponsored
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
RInse-less wash of the XR6 today.

IMG-6155.jpg

Using my favorite Rinse-less combo, P&S Absolute and Bead Maker.

IMG-6161.jpg

Koch Chemie Speed Glass for the windows, the interior wiped down with ONR and tires dressed with OG Tire Dressing.