Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
IMHO they make the front of the DH pop. Go for it. How are the sides coming along?
I'm liking the sides, they feel like part of the car now and actually another Mustang driver came up and commented on it when I was filling up, so I'll take that as a bit of verification. I might play with the front and if I like it get it all done by a pro at the same time in a satin black.

I had considered blacking out the bumper which I like as well, but never got around to it as the rego plate would be there anyway.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I'm liking the sides, they feel like part of the car now and actually another Mustang driver came up and commented on it when I was filling up, so I'll take that as a bit of verification. I might play with the front and if I like it get it all done by a pro at the same time in a satin black.

I had considered blacking out the bumper which I like as well, but never got around to it as the rego plate would be there anyway.
Black roof maybe? They look terrific on most Mustangs although yours already has the black contrast thing set up quite well.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Black roof maybe? They look terrific on most Mustangs although yours already has the black contrast thing set up quite well.
Ahhh, a man of great taste...I did exactly that on the f type, it flattens out the roof line and makes the car look meaner. Didn't on the mustang as it has stripes
20191215_113316.jpg

tuf50L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order pending
Anyone have any recommendations for shops to fit lowering springs and give a good alignment in Brisbane?

I used to use Fulcrum at Stafford but that was 15 years ago.
Hard to get quotes out of people but had one shop quote 8 hours and another quote $1400 for fitting and alignment only…..

So I’ve still got springs sitting in a box. I might have a crack doing it myself.

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Hard to get quotes out of people but had one shop quote 8 hours and another quote $1400 for fitting and alignment only…..

So I’ve still got springs sitting in a box. I might have a crack doing it myself.
Give it a crack I'm sure you will be fine. I ended up doing mine myself (many moons ago) in the carport on stands. Lots of good Youtube vids to help, I used the cj pony parts vid. Make sure you buy a good set of spring compressors and a torque wrench and take your time. Once completed drive to tyre shop 4 alignment đź‘ŤGood luck đź‘Ť
20181030_164058.jpg
20181030_110721.jpg
20181030_104845.jpg

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Ordered BMR Suspension CB005R - Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit for $393 delivered which seems a bargain . Not far from installing the Shockworks adj coilover set now and this be a nice addition . Finalized what wheels i am getting 4 of 10.5 x 19 just need to go pay and pick the exact colour i want ( Koya have so many colour choices so need to go see in flesh ) . Going to get fender and rear decklid badges done in bronze to match the wheels . Pretty excited to see what its going to look like , Will def stand out from the crowd Going to need some Adj camber links , any suggestions out there local ?

Style of wheels and stance i seek vvvvvv

ScreenShot2416.jpg

Last edited:

FrogXA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BF XR8 Supercharged, 2017 Mustang
Hey Brisvegas, I got the BMR lockout kit about 3 years ago and paid $475 for it so sounds like you're getting a bargain. The Shockworks coilovers are great and fix so many handling problems the stock suspension has. I got these for my supercharged XR8 BF Falcon and loved them so much, I got them for the Mustang too. I used the Steeda rear camber kit, Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda Extreme G-trac K-member brace and Steeda vertical links as well and can't believe how well it handles while still riding close to stock. I keep pushing the limit but don't find it which is a bit scary on the street sometimes :)
I love your choice of wheels and have thought about going the bronze/gold theme on mine as it is Ruby Red and would look a bit different too.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ok, so have not done anything to the car for a while so was looking around and noticed 3.73 diff gears are available for not super money. But as I have no experience with these things wonder if 3.73 would be worth the money for the extra acceleration it gives in daily driving over 3.55 ? Anyone done the change? Thanks

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang

Sponsored

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Ordered these today as my original rear shocks decided to let go and dump all the oil ,
with less than 27000ks on the clock.
https://www.mustangmotorsport.com.a...-performance-3-way-coilover-suspension-system
Has anyone got these on?if so how do you find the ride and handling with them?.
cheers Troy.
Probably a little too late now but shockworks coilover set worth looking at . Maybe a little bit cheaper . Local product with rebuildable shocks . Local support well made . I have a full set for my car but haven't fitted them yet . I was waiting to buy lockout kits and some other suspension pieces and we'll do it after Christmas . https://www.shockworks.com.au/products https://www.mustangmotorsport.com.a...stable-performance-coilover-suspension-system

Last edited:

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
I've been very happy with my Tickford tuned H&R Coilovers.
Sponsored