Sponsored

What springs to go with?

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
I'm in the market for some lowering springs and I'm not quite sure what ones to go with. I don't daily drive the car and I also don't track the car or drive to aggressively, unless I'm feeling frisky or on rare occasion. I do plan on heading to the 1/4 mile track this spring/summer to see what she can do. Since I have the PP I don't really mind the stiffness of the ride as is. I mainly want the car to sit a little bit lower and eliminate the dreaded wheel gap but i also don't want to be bottoming out all over the place. I have done research and not sure to go with progressive or linear springs. I know AFE has a good reputation with suspension parts and I came across there lowering springs which offer a respectable drop and combine both progressive and linear springs. I have not really found any good reviews on them though. Anyone have any input or maybe can steer me towards a spring that better suits my application?
Sponsored

AllenGJr43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White A6 GT
I picked up CJ pony parts springs and put them on about a month ago. I was someone that was afraid of being lowered for all the same reasons you are. Since this is my first lowered car I wasn't sure how I'd like it. I daily drive mine and the ride feels better all around. Would buy them 10x over. Drops the car a little more than an inch.

COStang777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT
I just had a set of Steeda ultralite springs installed yesterday (along with some other goodies) and could not be happier. The car is mostly a daily driver and was going back and forth between springs because I didn't want a harsh ride or issues with clearance. Car rides better than stock with the PP springs. If you live anywhere with half way decent roads, I surely would recommend this spring.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I just had a set of Steeda ultralite springs installed yesterday (along with some other goodies) and could not be happier. The car is mostly a daily driver and was going back and forth between springs because I didn't want a harsh ride or issues with clearance. Car rides better than stock with the PP springs. If you live anywhere with half way decent roads, I surely would recommend this spring.
I have the ultralites to with stock pp springs/struts. I would say the same thing as above.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Just had the same ones installed yesterday after riding on the progressives for 9 months.

I love the ultra-lite linears. Plus I have every other Steeda suspension component installed besides the bumpsteer and rear camber arms. Car is amazing from a ride quality and handling standpoint.

PM [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] for the best deals:D

Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
All that Ultralite goodness in this thread! OP feel free to pm me with any questions!

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Oxford - Tech Pack
Just had the same ones installed yesterday after riding on the progressives for 9 months.

I love the ultra-lite linears. Plus I have every other Steeda suspension component installed besides the bumpsteer and rear camber arms. Car is amazing from a ride quality and handling standpoint.

PM [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] for the best deals:D
Todd, can you summarize any key differences. I am thinking about swapping myself

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Todd, can you summarize any key differences. I am thinking about swapping myself
Sure.

The ride is more firm but not jarring at all. I equate to be more solid and responsive. You don't feel like your fillings are going to come flying out of your mouth when you hit s bump. Very compliant ride.

The car is more planted entering the turn. I can get on the gas sooner while exiting the turn. The rear end remains planted.

Body roll and brake dive is reduced even more vs. the progressive springs.

The car just feels more in control in all driving aspects.

I am very, very happy I changed. I was worried they would ride too rough, nope, not at all.

If you like a firm but tolerant ride that doesn't feel like it is driving your spine through the bottom of your seat, get these linears.

I cannot wait to get the Koni's from Steeda to match these springs. I heard GREAT THINGS about the Koni's when I was in Valdosta Friday. Jaime was raving about them:D

dfrost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp Guard.
I believe most suggestions you'll get will be geared towards personal preference.
Since its not a DD ask yourself what's most important to you. Also, and I mean no disrespect, the average driver will not notice any differance in performance with the top guys..ie Steeda, BMR, Eibach. You will notice better handling from the stock springs though.
I've had Steeda, BMR performance and CJPP springs on my GTPP. All of them improved the feel and handling without being harsh. All of them are top-notch companies and offer years of trouble free issues. My PERSONAL reasons for the changes were for drop only. Steeda was the first with a 1"/1". I felt could use a bit more, so BMR with 1.25"/1". Yet I still felt another 1/4" front drop would give me the drop I wanted, so CJPP, that are still currently on my car.
My 2 cents..

Sponsored
OP
OP

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
Hmm kind of leaning towars the steeda ultralites now, any pics of them installed? Thanks for all the advice fellas keep it coming

OP
OP

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
Wow that stance looks pretty damn good, i think you guys have convinced me. What are the benefits of having lighter springs?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Wow that stance looks pretty damn good, i think you guys have convinced me. What are the benefits of having lighter springs?
Improved ride quality mainly. :)

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Oxford - Tech Pack
Sure.

The ride is more firm but not jarring at all. I equate to be more solid and responsive. You don't feel like your fillings are going to come flying out of your mouth when you hit s bump. Very compliant ride.

The car is more planted entering the turn. I can get on the gas sooner while exiting the turn. The rear end remains planted.

Body roll and brake dive is reduced even more vs. the progressive springs.

The car just feels more in control in all driving aspects.

I am very, very happy I changed. I was worried they would ride too rough, nope, not at all.

If you like a firm but tolerant ride that doesn't feel like it is driving your spine through the bottom of your seat, get these linears.

I cannot wait to get the Koni's from Steeda to match these springs. I heard GREAT THINGS about the Koni's when I was in Valdosta Friday. Jaime was raving about them:D
Thank you very much. I am very close to getting these with the ford racing track struts & shocks. Seems like a good value. Also, if I have anything adjustable I will fiddle with it over and over and will never be happy - that is just a character defect I have
Sponsored