Sponsored

What spring compressors did you use??

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I'm in the middle of a Steeda spring install. I did the rears in about an hour. But the front is proving to be a nightmare. This is damn near impossible with the bolt and perch type of spring compressor that you can rent from AutoZone. Do places rent those compressors that people like CJ pony parts use in their vids?

Taking the struts and springs to the shop tomorrow so they can just mate the springs to the struts. I'll take them back and install everything. Been doing this for about seven or eight hours. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i had the two separate compressors for each side with a bolt on the end...yeah it took FOREVER and super annoying lining them up...if i had to do it again, i'd buy the ones that cjpp had in their video.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
i had the two separate compressors for each side with a bolt on the end...yeah it took FOREVER and super annoying lining them up...if i had to do it again, i'd buy the ones that cjpp had in their video.
I have those as well. Impact gun makes quick work of them.

OP
OP
PRG3k

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Maybe I was too zonked out. The flat lip where the base of the spring sits is so wide I'm having trouble with clearance for extensions.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I use the weight of the car as a spring compressor. With the car resting on it's wheels I remove the upper strut nut and slowly raise the car on my lift. With a floor jack it's a bit more dangerous but still possible. Lift under the lower control arm until it's at ride height, undo the upper strut nut then slowly lower the jack until the spring decompresses.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Maybe I was too zonked out. The flat lip where the base of the spring sits is so wide I'm having trouble with clearance for extensions.
i had same problem... it took a good eyeing over and some patience. actually had one compressor upside down from the other because of the bottom part of the strut was in the way for one side of the compressor.

super annoying

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I bought one of those A-frame types because my regular compressor kit hit the lower perch.

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I used the $15 one from harbor freight and didn't have any issue. The cheap spring compressor is only good for a couple uses though.

Paulie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
None.
Two stage bottle jack and a piece of wood under the lower control arm.
Safe and much faster.

Sponsored

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Wall mounted hand crank unit at the local base auto hobby shop. Made it a lot easier, especially with the lift...

OP
OP
PRG3k

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Wall mounted hand crank unit at the local base auto hobby shop. Made it a lot easier, especially with the lift...

The shop I just took it to had one as well. Was a cinch. Car looks much better now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored