Sponsored

Got deal together for 2020 GT350R - would like some insights

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Good question - they are painted carbon fiber, right? So need to investigate closely with flashlight, right?
The inner barrel on the front wheels are white to reflect heat. That is usually something the people who remove them dont replicate. Other then that, weights are the only thing I can think of. Pretty safe though if they look correct

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
Along with the inner barrels being white on the front wheels, there is a sleeve (not sure if it is an actual sleeve or just a raised area) for each lug nut. I have not seen this replicated on knock-off gt350R rims.
1616159891951.png

vs

1616159920565.png

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
A regular 350 OEM car cover won't fit an R wing. They are two separate cuts and part numbers. Ask me how I know.
have you actually put a regular 350 cover on an R? I have 2 regular 350 covers that I bought as spares and they work with my Rs just fine. Maybe a tad tight but it works

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
have you actually put a regular 350 cover on an R? I have 2 regular 350 covers that I bought as spares and they work with my Rs just fine. Maybe a tad tight but it works
Our comments were reflective of what Ford says. If you have proof of otherwise (looks like you do) great! Thanks

Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
Along with the inner barrels being white on the front wheels, there is a sleeve (not sure if it is an actual sleeve or just a raised area) for each lug nut. I have not seen this replicated on knock-off gt350R rims.
1616159891951.png

vs

1616159920565.png
Good tip. Thanks man!

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
1616159891951.png

vs

1616159920565.png
Excellent - I will definitely inspect for this tomorrow.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I work with carbon fiber weekly. I’ve never heard of using a black light for cracks unless you have also applied a florescent dye to get inside any crack. So don’t know how just a light will reveal any micro cracks.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
are you confident that they won't break the splitter of the car getting it on/off and similarly damaging yours on the return trip? 90min seems close enough to just go there and do everything with 4 wheels on the grounds.

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
are you confident that they won't break the splitter of the car getting it on/off and similarly damaging yours on the return trip? 90min seems close enough to just go there and do everything with 4 wheels on the grounds.
funny - that is what I said, but they do not want me putting any more miles on my 2016 GT350. It has 4979 miles and dealer said they need it to be below 5000 miles for the agreed upon trade in value. So this is something the dealer requested.

Agreed that dealer and I will need to have a very hard discussion on the carrier / trailer and make sure the operator knows what he is doing with these cars.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I work with carbon fiber weekly. I’ve never heard of using a black light for cracks unless you have also applied a florescent dye to get inside any crack. So don’t know how just a light will reveal any micro cracks.

Brett, maybe because I am an old guy with my vision not being as good as it used to be I found a black-light lamp/flashlight very helpful and effective especially when looking at the factory finish paint jobs which obviously includes factory painted CF wheels/CF wings and it saved me from signing off on my 2018 R whereby a flaw was noticed on my right front CF wheel with the delivering dealership agreeing with my finding after which time my CF rim was replaced.

My first experience with a black-light application took place some `6 years ago after which time I took my 2015 GT350 to a high end detail shop in Hilton Head, S.C. and saw how effective it was for their paint and detail shop when it came to revealing paint flaws on my car.

Just the fact that a black-light creates a significant luminescence which produces a strong fluorescence response for our naked eye I suggest that it has to be quite helpful at least it is for me.

:sunglasses:

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
funny - that is what I said, but they do not want me putting any more miles on my 2016 GT350. It has 4979 miles and dealer said they need it to be below 5000 miles for the agreed upon trade in value. So this is something the dealer requested.

Agreed that dealer and I will need to have a very hard discussion on the carrier / trailer and make sure the operator knows what he is doing with these cars.
you mean, you can't drive it there in reverse? hahaha

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Brett, maybe because I am an old guy with my vision not being as good as it used to be I found a black-light lamp/flashlight very helpful and effective especially when looking at the factory finish paint jobs which obviously includes factory painted CF wheels/CF wings and it saved me from signing off on my 2018 R whereby a flaw was noticed on my right front CF wheel with the delivering dealership agreeing with my finding after which time my CF rim was replaced.

My first experience with a black-light application took place some `6 years ago after which time I took my 2015 GT350 to a high end detail shop in Hilton Head, S.C. and saw how effective it was for their paint and detail shop when it came to revealing paint flaws on my car.

Just the fact that a black-light creates a significant luminescence which produces a strong fluorescence response for our naked eye I suggest that it has to be quite helpful at least it is for me.

:sunglasses:
Are you possibly seeing scratches, not necessarily cracks?

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Talked to the dealer. Plan is to trailer via closed trailer using carrier they have worked with before. Cost is expected to be $1.50 per mile, which we agreed to split. Seems reasonable. I specifically ask for clarification on the carrier selection to ensure the carrier has experiencing loading / unloading these low profile cars with the large front splitters. I will make sure to review this with the dealer tomorrow and also review the terms / insurance provisions of the transport service.

Booboo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2020 PB GT350
Check the paint under bright light everywhere very closely (face like 5 inches from the paint) to see if there are any sections of "runny/wavy" clear coat. This means it's had major work done to it and might not have been reported on the carfax. I just saw this on a used R that is currently for sale and it was on the strip of metal above the rear quarter windows...and wasn't on the carfax!
Sponsored