What ramps are recommended for the R

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
What ramps can one use for oil changes and what note on the R?

Anyone using the 72" race ramps 2 piece on the R? Seems to be the longest available...

Thanks!
Sponsored

TexBB

'18 GT350 Leadfoot Grey
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350, chassis J0859
What ramps can one use for oil changes and what note on the R?

Anyone using the 72" race ramps 2 piece on the R? Seems to be the longest available...

Thanks!
I have the 72" 2 piece race ramps. Work fine. Mine is a nonR. Nothing touches. I've since installed jacking rails and use them instead. I think it's much easier. Full underside access. I'm going to get rid of my race ramps, they're bulky and a storage problem. For me, jacking rails are much more useful.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The good thing about Race Ramps is that they can custom make them for your application. When I initially ordered mine (for my very steep driveway), they had me take pics of my driveway and sent me a template to ensure I measured the pitch of the driveway correctly. I recommend contacting them if you want to go that route.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I use the 72" RR for my GT350R. Two oil changes with them so far and I am happy with them. Splitter gets close on intial incline but does not touch. Have to have proper air pressure for sure. I don't trust jack stands. I'm not comfortable getting under my car and wrenching around that way. Below link is what I have. They are not cheap. And no the cheaper Rhino Ramps do not work for the R. As far as storage goes, ya that's the only draw back in my opinion if you don't have a lot of room.

https://www.amazon.com/Race-Ramps-RR-72-2-2-Stage-Incline/dp/B01HPM1D92
R18.jpg
R19.jpg
R20.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
torque124

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Just an FYI, if you go to autoanything.com, and open a chat window, they can do them for 297 shipped... At least they did just now.
Will post back when (if :) ) I get them...

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
+1 on the Race Ramps
FYI, the 30" Rally Ramps barely clear my ecoboost non-PP so cross those off your list for an R (great ramps, just not for your application)

OP
OP
torque124

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I use the 72" RR for my GT350R. Two oil changes with them so far and I am happy with them. Splitter gets close on intial incline but does not touch. Have to have proper air pressure for sure. I don't trust jack stands. I'm not comfortable getting under my car and wrenching around that way. Below link is what I have. They are not cheap. And no the cheaper Rhino Ramps do not work for the R. As far as storage goes, ya that's the only draw back in my opinion if you don't have a lot of room.

https://www.amazon.com/Race-Ramps-RR-72-2-2-Stage-Incline/dp/B01HPM1D92
R18.jpg
R19.jpg
R20.jpg
I suppose the question is; would the oil drain out entirely as the car is not perfectly horizontal ? This is where I prefer the jack on one side, and drop the car down for draining, and lift it back up for filter/plug replace...
In my case, I have a bit of a down slope (for draining) in my yard where I would do this, so it would compensate a bit but still not by much...

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I suppose the question is; would the oil drain out entirely as the car is not perfectly horizontal ? This is where I prefer the jack on one side, and drop the car down for draining, and lift it back up for filter/plug replace...
In my case, I have a bit of a down slope (for draining) in my yard where I would do this, so it would compensate a bit but still not by much...
The down slope from the ramps is such that the drainage is fine thru the oil plug located at the rear of the oil pan. It's far better that tilting the car on it's side. That's no way to drain oil... I really don't see how you're going to drain everything out that way and then drop the car to level to drain more? No way. The oil drain pan wouldn't fit under there.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
best purchase I made. My 14 sat 1.5" lower than stock. Had no issues getting it on them. Light weight. Holds 3600 pounds collectively as I recall and they DO NOT SCOOT when you drive on them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
torque124

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
The down slope from the ramps is such that the drainage is fine thru the oil plug located at the rear of the oil pan. It's far better that tilting the car on it's side. That's no way to drain oil... I really don't see how you're going to drain everything out that way and then drop the car to level to drain more? No way. The oil drain pan wouldn't fit under there.
yeah no, it fits; I have a couple of home made wood ramps on which I get up ... then when I drop the car, oil pan fits fine, and car is *almost* level. :)

No matter though, from now on I'll use these :)

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I have the long race ramps and extenders. The splitter is 3.75” from the ground. My car has the FPP lower springs and sitting on 30 series rubber. I’m Lower than an R and i have about 3/8” to spare.

Car is pretty low, lol.
07CBF247-CE33-42EE-84FB-970B2484E995.jpeg

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Those 72" ramps are not cheap, but I feel I am going to get some anyway as they make things much easier.

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
best purchase I made. My 14 sat 1.5" lower than stock. Had no issues getting it on them. Light weight. Holds 3600 pounds collectively as I recall and they DO NOT SCOOT when you drive on them.
This ^^^^^
Sponsored