Sponsored

What mode to peeps generally drive in?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Mine's Lund tuned as well and there is a decidedly noticeable difference between normal and hero modes.
who tuned yours there then as on mine there's literally no difference apart from relaxed TC but since tc is basically non-existant anyway it makes almost no difference.
Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
who tuned yours there then as on mine there's literally no difference apart from relaxed TC but since tc is basically non-existant anyway it makes almost no difference.
Jon Sr or Jon II. Can't remember his name. Think he's the owner.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Mine's Lund tuned as well and there is a decidedly noticeable difference between normal and hero modes.
You can request your tuner uses a totally linear throttle map (as per stock normal mode in the left graph) or otherwise you get your tuners preference as per throttle map. Most tuners tend to prefer a map that is more like the sport mode graph. Ie give more throttle opening than the amount commanded. After all it’s an easy way of making the car feel faster.

For nice road use I requested my tuner to use the totally linear normal map.

Also this is just one of many maps in the tune, there are fuel mixture maps, cam timing maps, spark advance maps etc and they all work together as part of a package.
Another point is that we are talking here about the map between accelerator peddle position and throttle butterfly opening angle. So 0-100% on the horizontal axis and 5-90 degrees on the vertical axis where 5 is the minimum opening requires for tick over. Due to the swirl effect behind the butterfly this is never linear as the effect of 1 degree at small openings is far larger than the effect of 1 degree when wide open.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TheArcher

Mky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Left to right that's Normal, Snow/wet, Sport/Track (Although, they're two diff modes graph just shows one?)
If I remember rightly I picked this up a while ago from a US forum. I may be wrong, but I suspect that Sport and Track have the same throttle position mapping but differ in what traction control is switched on/off.

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof
Not sure if it’s just me. But I found it easier to catch the tail end with the steering in comfort mode? As for the traction control , doesn’t work on my car.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If I remember rightly I picked this up a while ago from a US forum. I may be wrong, but I suspect that Sport and Track have the same throttle position mapping but differ in what traction control is switched on/off.
IIRC, Sport+ is almost like an on-off switch, Track is just as violent but has a curve to it, so you have response but don't loose the back end instantly.

Sport has a slightly reduced traction control and track has it switched off.

That's what I heard.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Not sure if it’s just me. But I found it easier to catch the tail end with the steering in comfort mode? As for the traction control , doesn’t work on my car.
I prefer comfort mode all round to be honest. I think the other modes mistake heavy for feel.

Sponsored

AndyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2006GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can you set the car to default to a particular mode at start-up?

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
No. Safety feature innit. Enough have been crashed already by incompetent drivers without having Mr Dipshit set off in his car in the pissing rain and forgetting it's default mode is Track.

AndyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2006GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's a pain, not even so fussed about the engine mode more so the ability to have the exhaust set to sport by default.