Sponsored

What mode to peeps generally drive in?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Normal for me, for general driving - 90% of the time at the moment. Sport+ if I'm somewhere exciting & can open it up a bit :)

Note: I really noticed the switch to Sport+ in the Ecoboost, you could instantly feel the throttle change. Not so much in the GT, probably haven't pushed it hard enough :lol: need to experiment a bit more!

vikkic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Need for Green
I can't use Sport+ smoothly round town, and then forget to change once I get out of town. I'm still on P Zeros, so have been 'forced' to use wet mode in the rain. Thinking about Track mode, apart from on the skidpan, I've seen no sign of TC, even when I ended up facing the wrong direction on the wrong side of the road, so the fact that there's no TC in Track mode probably makes no difference - maybe I'll give it a go on the drive home :D

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Sport; if i'm doing long cruises on motorways with known camera's i sit it in cruise control on my economy map and run a hefty 45mpg, otherwise sport all the way.
I find I get too bored with cruise control and also don't like the feeling of not being in complete control! Driving back from Wales I had it in fifth gear most of the way as find sixth too sluggish

Sponsored

GregT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2nn
I find I get too bored with cruise control and also don't like the feeling of not being in complete control! Driving back from Wales I had it in fifth gear most of the way as find sixth too sluggish
6th at 70mph is where you really feel the difference between Normal and Sport. Normal you have to change down to break the limit :thumbsup:

MoZ

MoZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
Normal in really wet
Sport+ in wet / damp
Race in dry
This is why I've went through 3 sets of rears in 20K

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
Was about 50/50 normal/sport+ when 'north of the wall'.

Since moving down to Engerlund, rarely get the chance to enjoy some open roads so Sport+ is very rarely used.

Don't trust myself to use Race.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
All three non-wet modes are the same on mine now... only difference appears to be between very relaxed tc and no tc in race. Torque limiting is turned off completely in the dry modes for added fun :)

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
All three non-wet modes are the same on mine now... only difference appears to be between very relaxed tc and no tc in race. Torque limiting is turned off completely in the dry modes for added fun :)
same as mine i don't think cent really got that about the custom tunes :)

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Well since you said A tune and not MY CUSTOM tune...
its pretty much inferred since with the exception of the ford/steeda/sct/dreamscience crappy canned tunes all other tunes do exactly the same his is AED mine is Lund they do it without asking as default its just how the yanks tune you have to actually specifically request them to not fuck around with it.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
its pretty much inferred since with the exception of the ford/steeda/sct/dreamscience crappy canned tunes all other tunes do exactly the same his is AED mine is Lund they do it without asking as default its just how the yanks tune you have to actually specifically request them to not fuck around with it.
Mine's Lund tuned as well and there is a decidedly noticeable difference between normal and hero modes.
Sponsored