Sponsored

What make you consider 6g Mustang?

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
50th year of the Mustang. I was waiting for that.
Sponsored

RoushCharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Ruby & Loaded
I actually wanted a Hellcat, but those are a bit rare right now... so looked at a Mustang coupe and really liked it. Almost wound up with an M6 convertible instead at that point since I wanted a 'vert, but it was German ($$$$ maintenance per year) ... and my wife liked the Mustang best (and we found a convertible). In fact, everyone seems to love Mustangs, which is kind of cool. Anyway, I love the car... will probably keep it for a long long time.

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
- was looking for a fun car around the $30k range
- narrowed it down to a Mini Cooper S, Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8, Subaru BRZ/STI, or BMW M235i
- each of the above cars had some kind of compromise (lack of power, uninspiring design, etc)
- wasn't really into American cars, but I've always enamored the Mustang's iconic image
- test drove the 14 GT, saw the 15 redesign, fell in love and ordered my GT PP Premium right away!

But really, I think this car has it all and dominates everything in the 30k price range for performance, design, fun factor, and overall value.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
50th year of the Mustang. I was waiting for that.
+1 on that..... My first new Mustang was in 1966 after I came home from overseas, from the US Navy, it was a used 1965 Mustang 289 auto, but it was new to me..... The 50th year of the Mustang is something I have really waited on, if I lived that long..... Thanks Lord........ :ford:

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
First Mustang to be officially available in Europe and with a viable engine size (for Europeans). I was looking at a Focus ST, Toyota GT86 and the likes .. but the EB Mustang is just my dream come true.

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
For me it came down to a number of things.....

1. I hate generic German cars with a passion, Audi, BMW, Porsche IMO are just overpriced white goods.....they're expensive to buy, expensive to service, and yes they may be fast but they have no soul....

2. The mustang will be fairly rare on UK roads

3. The mustang offers value for money, will be easy to upgrade.

4. I'm paying a similar amount for a brand new mustang with 3 years warranty, to the amount I sold an 8 year old Aston for, that I was just waiting for the next big bill to happen...

5. I only really like English, American and Italian cars period.....:amen:

boomer46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, PP, Race Red
+1 on that..... My first new Mustang was in 1966 after I came home from overseas, from the US Navy, it was a used 1965 Mustang 289 auto, but it was new to me..... The 50th year of the Mustang is something I have really waited on, if I lived that long..... Thanks Lord........ :ford:
I can relate. I saw my first Mustang in June of 1964, right before I went into the Air Force in July 64. I bought my first Mustang 2 months ago, a Race Red GT Premium with the PP. I absolutely love this car. After starting out loving Ford, I became a Chevy guy (long story) most of my life. After the taxpayer bailed out GM a few years ago, I was left there languishing feeling betrayed and vowed I'd never buy a Chevy again. It was easy to come back to Ford after I drove a 2014 GT off a local dealer lot. When the 2015 came out w/the IRS, it was a no-brainer for me. I, like you, Thank my lucky stars (& the Lord) I lived this long to see the 50th year of the Mustang. It's a great way to relive my youth but with maturity & a bit wiser to boot lol. :ford:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Wanted a new, fun, rwd car that could be tuned and had personality as well as character.

At 40k, what's out there that fits the bill AND can be fully loaded, the convertible part sealed the deal and I don't regret compromising on the trans since the inevitable Mach 1's or whatever performance model will be available and I'll grab that then.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
For me it came down to a number of things.....

1. I hate generic German cars with a passion, Audi, BMW, Porsche IMO are just overpriced white goods.....they're expensive to buy, expensive to service, and yes they may be fast but they have no soul....

2. The mustang will be fairly rare on UK roads

3. The mustang offers value for money, will be easy to upgrade.

4. I'm paying a similar amount for a brand new mustang with 3 years warranty, to the amount I sold an 8 year old Aston for, that I was just waiting for the next big bill to happen...

5. I only really like English, American and Italian cars period.....:amen:
1 & 3 Here. My area gerenic Germans and japs are a dime a dozen, so why not get something more unique

RemoteSenses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 RR
Considered it immediately after I saw the redesign.

Also, just happened to be in the market for a new car. I was actually considering going the truck route this time around, but after looking at some of those and seeing what you get for the price, I decided I just didn't want to go that route.

Instead I decided I wanted something fun to drive before I settle down too much...

Camero was instantly out because of the interior - the interior was the equivalent of my Chevy Cruze lol.

So I went to a Ford dealership, talked to someone about the Mustang, sat in one, and that was pretty much it. Fell in love with the damn thing. The interior, the look, and how about that amazing price point? I paid around $25,000 for my V6 - I think my fiance paid more for her Focus.....

Sponsored

kyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR Ecoboost PP
I wanted something different, never really considered the mustang until I saw the redesign. I was looking at the GTI but something didn't sit right with me, my father had muscle cars when he was younger and I felt like I would have fun owning a low slung coupe. Loved driving the GTI but don't want a car that can pass as another bland commuter car. I'm young and I want to have a loud, fun car, not a practical one.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Fox Mustangs got me into Fords at 17. Bought my first when I was 20. Then the 4.6 came out and I wasn't impressed. Then they went retro which I didn't like. Coyote came out...but still retro. Finally respectable power plant w/ current styling...why'd it take so damn long?

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Audi a4, 2015 Mustang GT
I ended up picking an s550 because of the power, and the new IRS. I could have bought a new car for a while, but I have always been a mustang fan, and with the new design, the new IRS, and all the upgrades they have done, I felt it was finally time to own one. :D

jdpatt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt convertible Triple yellow 50th Anniversary
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toecutter GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Oxford White with Performance Pack
I have always been into muscle cars and come from a Chevy Family. My Father still has 56 Chevy, older brother has a 67 Chevy II and my sister had a 68 Camaro. My first car was a 74 Nova- by Dad and brother helped me put in A 350, I loved that car!

My last 2 cars were a Acura and A Infiniti- but when i say the new Mustang, I was like Wow! That looks Awesome! I love the lines of the body, horsepower, and the interior. The new Camaro's I have just never liked.
Sponsored