Sponsored

What made you order or buy a new Mustang?

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Short and simple. For those that ordered or bought a new Mustang (or any vehicle), what compelled you to buy new instead of used?

I am youngish and was told to buy used to save money. I spent a lot less on a three year old with 36k miles.
Sponsored

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
You received good advice; get what you can afford and don't bury yourself in debt.
Plenty of depreciation driving off the lot, so buy smart now and keep saving.
I ordered my '19 GT Premium so I could get it the way I wanted and because I could afford to without impacting my family. I really intended to keep it for many years, and the only reason I traded it in was for a great deal on a '21 GT500. I refused to pay the high mark-up and I wanted a fair price for my GT which was in great shape. Finally negotiated to just over $3k over MSRP and $35k for mine. Yes, it was a large chunk of change that I parted with, but still well within what I've been saving. The advice is worth repeating; get what you can afford and don't bury yourself in debt.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I bought my Mustangs brand new because I’m the only one that’s going to beat the shit out of a sports car that I own. Who knows what someone else did to it?! I know what I do to mine!

but yeah. Most of my other cars have been slightly used and in great shape. Saves a lot of money.

Sponsored

Raebanks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The deal I got on my 2020 GT 301a package (new) was actually 6000$ cheaper than the 2019 GT pp I was looking at. Used market is crazy right now.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have only bought two new cars :

Kia Sportage - Got it on 'friends and family' so it was cheaper than second hand. Seven year warranty so piece of mind whilst the kids were young and car tinkering time was rare.

Mustang - Pretty much zero chance of me finding the colour and spec I wanted second hand (I am in the UK so choice isn't as big as in the USA). The time was right financially. It's a keeper (I hope) so depreciation wasn't high on the list of priorities. I got a better deal on a custom order than what they would give me on a stock showroom car (not sure how that works ?).

WD :like:

Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
85 Mustang GT, 2019 Audi A4, 2023 MCS, 2004 BMW Z4
I ordered mine new so I could get it exactly how I wanted and be the first owner. Some things I prefer to buy new some used, this is one of those things where new was the only option (I spec my cars a bit different than you usually find used or even new sitting on the lot)

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I decided to buy one new vehicle in my life before hitting 30. This car made perfect sense, given it's a reasonably high HP, manual rocket. Getting one that hasn't been beaten on or farted in too much was very appealing. And having an unmolested clutch that I could treat nicely. As well as paint that I could baby from the get go (most people are god awful at caring for their vehicle's paint). In short, I wanted to love on the car in that classic boomer way, but also daily drive and enjoy a V8 masterpiece while it's still financially and practically viable (I don't have kids yet).

I still stuck to my budget though, and I could have definitely gotten a higher option car for the same money instead of my brand new stripper if I had shopped used and looked around. However, I feel the trade was worth it. At least to me.

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Sports/muscle cars, Atv’s, and UTV’s usually get used hard by their previous owners. So I buy new unless I know the previous owner and how they maintained and treated it.

Sponsored

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
It was the sensible, practical choice for my company car / daily driver.:crackup: Having the government and company help pay for mods is a bonus, for my keeper:inlove:

ss27gogeta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zach
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I bought my 2020 new a couple months ago mainly because used ones were almost as much as a new one. Also I like that I'm the only one that has messed with the car. so I don't have to waste time undoing anything the previous owner did.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I usually buy used, because I can get more car for the same money I would spend buying new. But, we usually buy new for my wife just because it's the only way I can get her to replace her old car. She tends to keep them well past the point where the expense and inconvenience of maintaining them is worth it.

Last edited:

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Always wanted a new-to-me car and something to fill the gap Ford left when I couldn't buy a new Focus ST anymore. I'd be in a different boat if I was smart with my money when I was getting out of the military and just bought a new Focus ST then.

Next car (if any) will probably be used unless I can find a job that can support a single guy owning a house and new car.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I.......was told to buy used to save money. I spent a lot less on a three year old with 36k miles.
And received 0 warranty. And no 0% financing.

NoVa is the cheapest area in the world to buy Mustangs. You can expect several thousand off sticker most of the time. Then you wait until there's 0%, and you're in the green as you drive off the lot.

And then you're paying no interest, no concerns about the health of the vehicle, a full 3/36 warranty, it's brand new, and you're not buying someone else's problem-child.
Sponsored