Sponsored

What is the deal with the hostility and resentfulness here now?

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
More words behind the scenes are that the current Coyote V-8 motors cannot meet the upcoming Obama era emission requirements beyond 2025. Most of the Detriot big three have cut back or stopped all gas engine development work due to this upcoming hurdle...
Ford is developing the Coyote-Mini, a 1.0 liter DOHC V8 engine that will be available as an option for the Mustang Mach-E to make authentic V8 sounds. The hybrid electric version will be available as the Mustang Mach-E+
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Imagine.....you're just sitting down to Christmas dinner. There's a knock on the door and a there stands a complete stranger. You have no idea who this person is but, apparently, they share the same surname as you. They barge into your house and help themselves to your turkey dinner. They then want their photo taken with your wife and kids because.....hey, they're family, they share the same name! Oh, and they're not leaving, they've come to live with you.

Yeah, that's why there's hostility and resentfulness.

#notamustang
That is hilarious.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ford is developing the Coyote-Mini, a 1.0 liter DOHC V8 engine that will be available as an option for the Mustang Mach-E to make authentic V8 sounds. The hybrid electric version will be available as the Mustang Mach-E+
I heard its going to be a bad ass motor.. I found some leaked footage!

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If this is the stranger, come on in. You can sit next to me. :cwl::crackup:
upload_2019-12-25_9-53-28.jpeg
If she came with the sale of a Mach-E, there would be a record amount of backpedaling in this thread.. hahaha.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I have to admit, it's kind of funny to me the extreme reaction this one Mustang E has illicited. I'm a very casual Mustang6G user. I came on here when I bought my 2015 GT, I had one of the first. Before that I had a 2005 Mustang GT, which again I ordered the first year it was available. After the Mach E was announced, I was intrigued by it I decided to casually come back here, and it looks like Ive come into a royal emotional shitstorm.

So my question is: Why are you all so suprised or threatened by it? It makes no sense. You didn't need that post a week ago telling you there will be no V8s by the mid 2020s, all you had to was look at the CAFE chart showing yearly fleet MPG requirements. This isnt some 'green new deal' Democrat plot like I heard mentioned somewhere in the chaos. Its current Federal law. There is no way they can produce mass market V8 cars anymore. So that's my long winded way of saying of course it was going to go electric, there is really no other choice. As far as the body style, people just dont buy sedans or coupes anymore as a mainstream choice, they want SUVS and crossovers. You can stick your head in the sand and pretend it isn't so, but it is. As far as not being a Mustang in design, its style looks just like the 2015+ Mustangs except up higher and a fastback CUV shape.

It maybe just that I'm the perfect demographic they were aiming for with this car. Just turned 39 last week, so early millennial, Mustang fan, wouldnt mind sitting higher up, and intrigued by electric cars and the torque and weight distribution benefits. All I know is the extreme reaction is unneccessary, it doesnt threaten your existence.
It only exposes the lack of corporate respect for a product that has garnered the market in one particular area of automotive history the pony/musclecar for more than 50 years. The name use on a totally unrelated vehicle represents a frivilous dilution of the mustang. It is not a matter of whether or not someone wants a Ford electric SUV. That in itself is a great idea. It's as if someone relaunched GI Joe and dressed it as a woman, and said here's your new GI Joe. No disrespect to female soldiers. I guess we can't expect people under 50 or so to have the same respect for things as they are, and I hear they are running Ford now.

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
It only exposes the lack of corporate respect for a product that has garnered the market in one particular area of automotive history the pony/musclecar for more than 50 years. The name use on a totally unrelated vehicle represents a frivilous dilution of the mustang. It is not a matter of whether or not someone wants a Ford electric SUV. That in itself is a great idea. It's as if someone relaunched GI Joe and dressed it as a woman, and said here's your new GI Joe. No disrespect to female soldiers. I guess we can't people under 50 or so don't have the same respect for things as they are, and I hear they are running Ford now.
GI Ho

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It only exposes the lack of corporate respect for a product that has garnered the market in one particular area of automotive history the pony/musclecar for more than 50 years. The name use on a totally unrelated vehicle represents a frivilous dilution of the mustang. It is not a matter of whether or not someone wants a Ford electric SUV. That in itself is a great idea. It's as if someone relaunched GI Joe and dressed it as a woman, and said here's your new GI Joe. No disrespect to female soldiers. I guess we can't expect people under 50 or so to have the same respect for things as they are, and I hear they are running Ford now.
Don’t tell Demi Moore that GI Joe part..

upload_2019-12-25_10-20-28.jpeg

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That's awesome! Any idea on what we are looking at here for 0-60 and 1/4 mile ET's?
That will be made public knowledge on 1/1/2020 at 5:43pm during our press release on the 1.0 DOHC Coyot-pup* V8, however leaked figures will be “magically” posted online tonight at 9:01pm and 32 seconds once NORAD confirms the “Eagle has landed” back at the north pole.

*We reserve the right to change the name of this engine to “Cammer” or “Cobra Jet” at the last moment, for a brilliant marketing pl... I mean, nostalgic effect.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It maybe just that I'm the perfect demographic they were aiming for with this car. Just turned 39 last week, so early millennial, Mustang fan, wouldnt mind sitting higher up, and intrigued by electric cars and the torque and weight distribution benefits. All I know is the extreme reaction is unneccessary, it doesnt threaten your existence.
You inadvertantly make the point perfectly in your last paragraph about why there is so much outrage over this car.

It's cool that Ford is making a sporty electric CUV. It's cool that you're getting older and want something easier to live with on a daily basis but that handles good, is stylish and a Ford. I'm 10 yrs older than you and wanted pretty much the same thing for us. So, I bought an Edge to go along with my Mustang GT weekend toy. An Edge is basically a four door hatch Ecoboost Mustang but doesn't pretend to be one

The Mustang Mach E is the millennial interpretation of what a Mustang could be and it's bullshit. Get off my lawn! :-)
Sponsored