Sponsored

What gear to dyno 6R80?

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
Do you dyno a 6R80 in sport mode and what gear?
Sponsored

OP
OP

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
Well they did 4th. I disconnected the advantrac via the fender. The abs light was on after. My numbers was super low 542hp 460tq. This was done a dynocom dyno. Should I have pulled fuse also? Any ideas?

Last edited:

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
No need to pull the fuse. The Whipple tune may be very conservative assuming you are running a Whipple turnkey package sincethere is no mention ofa custom tune in your sig. With regardto the datalog -- What's the WOT spark advance? What did the knock sensor look like? How were the IAT temps during the pulls.? What was DA like? Never heard of Dynocom. Only dealt with Mustang and Dynojet chassis dynos. There may be nanny strategies at work in the tune costing you HP. Any Fi provider offering a warranty on the engine will have a very conservative tune on them....even if they won't admit it. I learned that the hard way with a Roush turnkey package on a 13 years ago that would not get out of its own way at the track. A custom tune and dropping from an 85mm to an 82mm pulley took care of all of that. The tune was the big improvement.

On 93 most tunes running PD FI and 11:1 compression on 93 oct are running timing advance of 17-19 degrees WOT with 10-12psi boost on a 2.3L displacement had unit. This is my experience on four PD setups over the years and looking at datalogs from others locally.
Sponsored