Sponsored

What do you do when you're not playing with your car???

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
Another busy person!

What camera did you get, what lenses?

Nikon D5500.
The "package" came with 2 lenses; Nikkor 18-55/3.5-5.6 and a Nikkor 55-200/4-5.6. I then I also purchased a Nikkor 50mm/1.8 prime lens, and a Sigma 18-250/3.5-6.3 lens. I'm really liking the Sigma lens right now. It seems to be a really good all purpose lens.
Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
oh man I want to see an F1 race at COTA so bad.
I enjoy the F1 races however, the FIA WEC race is the real bang for your buck. Not too many crowds but six hours of racing and a lot of options to get close to the cars. F1 is expensive and short.

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I don't sleep..... LOL

Most things I do are seasonal, so I don't do all of them all the time. And it sounds like more than it is.

Time management is the key...:headbang:

Yeah, Walking Dead got bloody, but still gotta watch it. Daryl is the main reason I watch it. I like his attitude. When he dies, I will stop

AMC is the only channel I really like. Preacher, Dead, Humans, Badlands..:cool:
After walking dead we started watching an older series called Defiance. the production is not that great, but it's entertaining. If you're looking for a new time suck or binge watching opportunity, check it out!

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Nikon D5500.
The "package" came with 2 lenses; Nikkor 18-55/3.5-5.6 and a Nikkor 55-200/4-5.6. I then I also purchased a Nikkor 50mm/1.8 prime lens, and a Sigma 18-250/3.5-6.3 lens. I'm really liking the Sigma lens right now. It seems to be a really good all purpose lens.
oh nice, congrats! the 50mm 1.8s seem to be great lenses for the money. I'm a canon man myself, but I'm sure the Nikon version is great. With a crop sensor, it's a great focal length for cars!

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I enjoy the F1 races however, the FIA WEC race is the real bang for your buck. Not too many crowds but six hours of racing and a lot of options to get close to the cars. F1 is expensive and short.
ha yeah. Plus the sound/drama isn't as good as it used to be. Hopefully with the rule changes this year it will improve. Some of the tracks are supposed to be about 5 seconds faster a lap. I can't imagine these things going faster, but this year is bigger wings and wider tires, so we will see!

Sponsored

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I've recently gotten back into golfing, didnt get to go much last year, recently got a new set of Nike irons, trying to get used to those and working on shallowing out my swing plane some. Anyone else golf here?

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Photography. Haven't touched the gear in two or three years.
Shooting and gun collection. Haven't been shooting in two or three years.
Restoring my '66 GT Fastback. Almost done, have t touched it for two years this may.
Building 1/32 scale aircraft. Been away from that for 6 months, going into DT's.
Collecting 1/18 Diecast cars. Active in that one.
Wood working. Building displays for 1/18 cars now and a few other projects.
Maintaining a fleet of 5 cars and helping my son install his Kenny Belle on his '95

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I've recently gotten back into golfing, didnt get to go much last year, recently got a new set of Nike irons, trying to get used to those and working on shallowing out my swing plane some. Anyone else golf here?
I make enough good shots to make me want to go back out eventually. I've always just used hand me down clubs from my dad though. He always has to have the latest greatest stuff. Not my favorite sport, but in the car business, you kind of have to be able to get through a round!

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Photography. Haven't touched the gear in two or three years.
Shooting and gun collection. Haven't been shooting in two or three years.
Restoring my '66 GT Fastback. Almost done, have t touched it for two years this may.
Building 1/32 scale aircraft. Been away from that for 6 months, going into DT's.
Collecting 1/18 Diecast cars. Active in that one.
Wood working. Building displays for 1/18 cars now and a few other projects.
Maintaining a fleet of 5 cars and helping my son install his Kenny Belle on his '95
Nice! you sound busy just like the rest of us!

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
elaborate on "precision shooting"
I have a custom built bolt rifle that I stretch out to 1000 yds and I have a match grade M1 Garand I had built for service rifle competitions. Just plinking steel currently but look to shot some competitions this summer.

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
go check out the IMSA races at CotA which will be on May 5-6th this year instead of september last couple years when the weather SUCKED. Thats where all the GT multiclass racing is. Very inexpensive $79 weekend ticket and $30 weekend parking

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
My father-in-law does the same thing. He has 40tb of movies on his home server. All of his audio is Flac lossless ass well. He is getting ready to build an even larger server, as he has maxed out what he can do with his current system. He also has a 30x40 theater room that is better than going to the movies in.
I like your father-in-law. I have 48tb too :D. Have him get this https://www.synology.com/en-us/products/DS3617xs ... Ask me how I know LOL

So if that didn't give it away, I do tech for work and fun (i design the "cloud") 3 motorcycles down from 4 (had to make room for the mustang).

But mostly I spend my time with my 3 girls 8,6,4. My 8 year old has been shooting with me for the past... Almost 2 years. middle kid wants a rifle too, told her when she's 7. All my girls will know how to shoot and drive stick, whether they do it when they are older is up to them.

Last edited:

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
go check out the IMSA races at CotA which will be on May 5-6th this year instead of september last couple years when the weather SUCKED. Thats where all the GT multiclass racing is. Very inexpensive $79 weekend ticket and $30 weekend parking
Yeah, that's a great event. We're camping up there for that weekend. Crawfish boil, racing sim and 100 beers.

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I have a custom built bolt rifle that I stretch out to 1000 yds and I have a match grade M1 Garand I had built for service rifle competitions. Just plinking steel currently but look to shot some competitions this summer.
Before moving to California, I was planning on building a long range bolt action rifle. What's your platform? I was thinking about just starting with a Remington 700.

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I like your father-in-law. I have 48tb too :D. Have him get this https://www.synology.com/en-us/products/DS3617xs ... Ask me how I know LOL

So if that didn't give it away, I do tech for work and fun (i design the "cloud") 3 motorcycles down from 4 (had to make room for the mustang).

But mostly I spend my time with my 3 girls 8,6,4. My 8 year old has been shooting with me for the past... Almost 2 years. middle kid wants a rifle too, told her when she's 7. All my girls will know how to shoot and drive stick, whether they do it when they are older is up to them.
dad win. I plan on teaching my daughter to do the same. My wife shoots and drives stick as well. life skills!
Sponsored