Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
If you have a Stage III I think you're tuned for 93. I know Stage II is.
Sponsored

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
If you have a Stage III I think you're tuned for 93. I know Stage II is.
Stage 3 is a fully built serialized Roush built car with the 2650 Phase 1 for 2019 that came with 710hp/610tq. For 2020 the Stage 3 got the Phase 2 with 750hp/670tq. For 2021 the Stage 3 comes with the Phase 2 and 750hp/670tq but has a Phase 3 option for 775hp/670tq.

The Phases determine the calibration and power numbers.

Phase 1 Retail Kit: 700/610
Phase 1 Stage 3: 710/610
Phase 2: 750/670
Phase 3: 775/670(only available on 2021 Roush Stage 3 as an upgrade)

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
OK, well, you're confusing me with all these Phases and Stages. From my understanding a Phase I II or III is a Roush built car. Stage I or II is an added SC. I'm having the Stage II installed.

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
OK, well, you're confusing me with all these Phases and Stages. From my understanding a Phase I II or III is a Roush built car. Stage I or II is an added SC. I'm having the Stage II installed.
You have it backwards.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Well, I'm not having a Phase II installed.

Sponsored

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Stages refer only to serialized vehicles built by Roush in Michigan, and depending on what stage you have determines what’s included in the package.

Phases refer to what’s the power level of the Roush Supercharger installed on any car.

If your having the 700hp kit installed it’s a Phase 1.

If you are having the 750hp kit installed it’s a Phase 2.

Hope that clears that up!

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Stages refer only to serialized vehicles built by Roush in Michigan, and depending on what stage you have determines what’s included in the package.

Phases refer to what’s the power level of the Roush Supercharger installed on any car.

If your having the 700hp kit installed it’s a Phase 1.

If you are having the 750hp kit installed it’s a Phase 2.

Hope that clears that up!
Got it. Thanks.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Edit... sorry Hossman beat me to the punch on explaining the whole Stage vs Phase.

Matthew, I think it has been mentioned a few times. You don't have a Roush built car, so forget about the word "Stage". You are having a Roush supercharger installed. If they install the 750hp/670lb tq, you will be getting the "Phase 2" supercharger. If they install the 775hp/670 lb tq supercharger, you will be getting the "Phase 3" supercharger. Keep in mind this supercharger is the current one on Roush built "Jack Roush" edition cars, and currently has not been available for non-Roush built vehicles. I would not have my car sitting around waiting on 25hp IF that is indeed the case you are facing. I don't know if there were changes made to the 2021 model year that would not allow for the current "Phase 2" to be installed.

Here is something you probably don't want to hear. it is hard to get the power down to the road without doing some more upgrades.....First upgrade would be "you" the driver. Next would be tires that can allow you to put the power down (the best tires for this would mean that you will need to have a drag (racing) set of tires and a second set for the street if the car is your daily or driven a lot on the street and might hit some wet weather, and third would be some kind of Stop the Hop kit to keep it planted. If you plan to do drag racing, you chose the wrong set-up. If you plan to do road racing from the "dig"...(starting from 0mph), you will be beat initially by cars that can put the power down better. You will still be able to beat a lot of cars out there, and if it goes for over a half mile, you will beat a lot more cars. If you are planning to drive the car spirited and no racing; the different "Phases" of superchargers will not make a big difference day to day.

I hope this helps to clarify.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Edit... sorry Hossman beat me to the punch on explaining the whole Stage vs Phase.

Matthew, I think it has been mentioned a few times. You don't have a Roush built car, so forget about the word "Stage". You are having a Roush supercharger installed. If they install the 750hp/670lb tq, you will be getting the "Phase 2" supercharger. If they install the 775hp/670 lb tq supercharger, you will be getting the "Phase 3" supercharger. Keep in mind this supercharger is the current one on Roush built "Jack Roush" edition cars, and currently has not been available for non-Roush built vehicles. I would not have my car sitting around waiting on 25hp IF that is indeed the case you are facing. I don't know if there were changes made to the 2021 model year that would not allow for the current "Phase 2" to be installed.

Here is something you probably don't want to hear. it is hard to get the power down to the road without doing some more upgrades.....First upgrade would be "you" the driver. Next would be tires that can allow you to put the power down (the best tires for this would mean that you will need to have a drag (racing) set of tires and a second set for the street if the car is your daily or driven a lot on the street and might hit some wet weather, and third would be some kind of Stop the Hop kit to keep it planted. If you plan to do drag racing, you chose the wrong set-up. If you plan to do road racing from the "dig"...(starting from 0mph), you will be beat initially by cars that can put the power down better. You will still be able to beat a lot of cars out there, and if it goes for over a half mile, you will beat a lot more cars. If you are planning to drive the car spirited and no racing; the different "Phases" of superchargers will not make a big difference day to day.

Yes a lot. Thanks.
I've already been upgraded. 😁
I have a lot of parts I'm about to order to firm up the suspension. My suspension guy is a race car driver so he's been coaching me on the parts I need. About 4K after install.
I'm not new to this game as I modded my C7 for the track. I'm just new to Ford.
Thanks, again.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I do understand. I never drove my C7 on the track but would have loved to. I'm here in GA more than back home in CO, so don't get to drive it often at all. Seems like when I am back home, it is cold.

Yes a lot. Thanks.
I've already been upgraded. 😁
I have a lot of parts I'm about to order to firm up the suspension. My suspension guy is a race car driver so he's been coaching me on the parts I need. About 4K after install.
I'm not new to this game as I modded my C7 for the track. I'm just new to Ford.
Thanks, again.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Well said m3incorp!
Sponsored