The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=23824]Nookie[/MENTION] The springs and spacers should be in April when I get off Direct line hopefully.

[MENTION=26257]Ritchie[/MENTION] Got a local tint company to install them for £30. Better that than me make a hash of it ;)!

[MENTION=14613]SteveS[/MENTION] haah thank you, Love the look, just need to get the splitter on to finish it off :).
Red is a better, and faster colour, but, OMM your eyesight must be going with age ;) ;) ;) ;)!
[MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] :paddle: :paddle: lol
[MENTION=15533]slowhand99[/MENTION] got some new products for it, gave her a good ol clean to get Doris off the car! Only downside is, the products so hydrophobic I end up with streaks on the side-sills, which just got painted lol!

Bloke working on the Fiesta is actually my dad who was just giving the Fiesta and S-max a quick spray/wipe down

[MENTION=20439]Jimboy2[/MENTION] pics pics pics, shame they didn't look right, what was wrong with them? Black "Laquer painted" lights look really good having seen them in the flesh in two tones, as do the red painted ones... Just a case of whether you want reversible or not aint it :/
Sponsored

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
[MENTION=23824]Nookie[/MENTION] The springs and spacers should be in April when I get off Direct line hopefully.

[MENTION=26257]Ritchie[/MENTION] Got a local tint company to install them for £30. Better that than me make a hash of it ;)!

[MENTION=14613]SteveS[/MENTION] haah thank you, Love the look, just need to get the splitter on to finish it off :).
Red is a better, and faster colour, but, OMM your eyesight must be going with age ;) ;) ;) ;)!
[MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] :paddle: :paddle: lol
[MENTION=15533]slowhand99[/MENTION] got some new products for it, gave her a good ol clean to get Doris off the car! Only downside is, the products so hydrophobic I end up with streaks on the side-sills, which just got painted lol!

Bloke working on the Fiesta is actually my dad who was just giving the Fiesta and S-max a quick spray/wipe down

[MENTION=20439]Jimboy2[/MENTION] pics pics pics, shame they didn't look right, what was wrong with them? Black "Laquer painted" lights look really good having seen them in the flesh in two tones, as do the red painted ones... Just a case of whether you want reversible or not aint it :/
It's going back in later today to have the window tints redone.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It's going back in later today to have the window tints redone.
Ah crud, they bubble up or just the wrong tints being fixed on the fronts? U gone max legal on fronts (35%?)

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Ah crud, they bubble up or just the wrong tints being fixed on the fronts? U gone max legal on fronts (35%?)
Max legal is 85% tint. Which is what the fucker did. You can barely tell it's been done.
I'm going with a 50% tint on the fronts. 35% tint is a bit too dark

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Max legal is 85% tint. Which is what the fucker did. You can barely tell it's been done.
I'm going with a 50% tint on the fronts. 35% tint is a bit too dark
I read on one reputable wrap co website that, as you say, legally the fronts have to allow 85% of light through and as even standard glass doesn't let 100% of light through there's little point in doing anything if you want to stay legal.
Wouldn't have thought there'd be a problem with 50% unless you got pulled for something else and they give the car a once-over...

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry im a bit backwards, when I say 35% I mean blacks out 35% of light. That's my awful maths, it's actually 30%. Aka lets in 70% of light. Different companies state them in different ways.

Rears can be as black as you want.

The official legalities are here, and the gov site is kept up to date constantly with legalities, so if you're pulled, for having them higher, this is what they'll quote.

https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Another few mods this time to fix the fucking horrid wheel hop and slight traction issues when putting power down.

IRS Subframe alignment and IRS bushings from [MENTION=22385]Steeda UK[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Put 2 new MPSS on the rears. Pzeros lasted 14600 miles but were getting a bit exciting, and practically smooth on the inside edge

Not driven on them yet but tomorrow is a 300 mile day so we'll see !

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
Another few mods this time to fix the fucking horrid wheel hop and slight traction issues when putting power down.

IRS Subframe alignment and IRS bushings from @SteedaUK
For the un-initiated (i.e. Me!), what do these actually do...? And what is wheel hop? Not sure I can distinguish between 'wheel spin' and 'wheel hop'! :lol:

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
For the un-initiated (i.e. Me!), what do these actually do...? And what is wheel hop? Not sure I can distinguish between 'wheel spin' and 'wheel hop'! :lol:
The alignment kit makes sure the subframe is sitting exactly where it should be. It's not unheard of for them to be 1/2" out.

The bushes are demonstrated in the video and help eliminate that grip/spin/grip/spin feeling you can get when pulling away.

[ame]

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This will help
[ame]

This is a full explanation of what it does

http://www.steeda.co.uk/steeda-s550-mustang-irs-base-pack-c2x22649870

The inserts (black things)
Aligns the subframe to the chassis.
Also good for if you're dropping the car it keeps it all aligned.

The bushings (silver things)
Stiffens up the rear to make it handle better keep the wheels planted, reduced wheel hop and improves traction etcs
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] will be around to tell you the full load or [MENTION=22385]Steeda UK[/MENTION] can give you a more indepth description, Until then i'll wait until they're on and give a full review, judging by the review online, and watching the above video it should work wonders in properly getting the handling all good on the stang, small subtle suspension mod ;)

Edit: [MENTION=14447]Centurion07[/MENTION] beat me to it with the videos lol

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
BMR CB005 does the job of three Steeda items, buy that!

Wheel spin, is when the tyre lacks traction and spins!
Wheel hop or axle tramp is when the tyre grips but the chassis cannot keep it planted so it wheel hops which can break suspension components if its severe enough.
Sponsored