Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I did mine two weeks ago with the AM kit. Great, cheap improvement in the looks department.
Sponsored

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Just finished installing an MGW race-spec shifter. Protip for anyone who plans on doing this at some point: find a lift. I had my car on ramps and doing that install on my back was a pain in the butt, there's no room. Glad that's over with.
I plan on doing this mod at some point, too. How long did it take you? How long do think it would have taken on a lift?

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Installed my new Steeda Ultralite jacking rails. Super easy installation. Damnit if I didn't over-torque one of the nuts on the driver-side during install. Nut/bolt end snapped off and the screw in the frame is stuck. Couldn't put another bolt in behind it. So I'm only running 3 bolts on both sides but I used some loc-title to help secure it. Damn me and my brawns. Lol

Last edited:

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Installed my new Steeda Ultralite jacking rails. Super easy installation. Damnit if I didn't over-torque one of the nuts on the driver-side during install. Nut/bolt end snapped off and the screw in the frame is stuck. Couldn't put another bolt in behind it. So I'm only running 3 bolts on both sides but I used some loc-title to help secure it. Damn me and my brawns. Lol
I would remove the broken bolt - Easy Outs is the tool.

Sponsored

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
I would remove the broken bolt - Easy Outs is the tool.
That's the plan, at some point. I don't have jacks or ramps and I need either or in order to get a drill under the car. Thx for the easy out suggestion.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Drove it to work on cruise control then stopped and took a picture on the way back from work. Boring.....:doh:
20368940_462196107494618_5336416897385503968_o.jpg

USAF

#GTFOsquad_0047
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 1993 GT
Added my CDC....Classic design concepts LED Grille ...
great mod ...easy install ....
gives the front end a complete new look!!!
IMG_2493.PNG

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I plan on doing this mod at some point, too. How long did it take you? How long do think it would have taken on a lift?
Around 4-5 total hours. Admittedly I'm a pretty terrible mechanic and my buddy and I got stuck on a few things we shouldn't have. With a lift it shouldn't take more than 2-3 hours at the most. As with many others, we had the most trouble with the top bolt and used the bounce method (one guy yanking down on the tranny, the other pulling the bolt out). Everything else is pretty straightforward and the video instructions are excellent.

Sponsored

RedEcoJet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jerryallgire.com
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ecoboost - Pre-Production #280 Product Planning & Styling Vehicle
Vehicle Showcase
MMD Winglets

I added some MMD winglets to the front today. The box was on my porch when I got home.

Jerry
mustang15-4.jpg

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Around 4-5 total hours. Admittedly I'm a pretty terrible mechanic and my buddy and I got stuck on a few things we shouldn't have. With a lift it shouldn't take more than 2-3 hours at the most. As with many others, we had the most trouble with the top bolt and used the bounce method (one guy yanking down on the tranny, the other pulling the bolt out). Everything else is pretty straightforward and the video instructions are excellent.
Thanks for info, appreciated!

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Nice. I got a PP model one that's Magnetic like mine. Looks to be a bit larger than yours. Took like 2 months to get it though.
I was looking through the whole shelf for a magnetic one lol, had to settle for the one silver one as all the others were red. Silver is close to magnetic I figured lol
Sponsored