Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Sorry I had missed this comment but yes, did really good. The base 4-piston brakes are really good for what they are but how I brake and drive by the 3rd session they were getting soft. They did well all 5 sessions and I wanted to see what those limits are so looking to go with better fluid and pads next outing or maybe even get the 6-pistons. First time out on MPSS too and they are an amazing, sticky street tire. Got some video from some of the sessions.

How was the auto on the track? I have one as well and am looking to take it to the track in the next few weeks. Any cooling issues? Also, do you have the 3:15 or 3:55 rear?

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
How was the auto on the track? I have one as well and am looking to take it to the track in the next few weeks. Any cooling issues? Also, do you have the 3:15 or 3:55 rear?
It was pretty good. I have 3.15's. I have extensions so no issues with missing the paddles on turns or anything. As you may know the transmission doesn't shift immediately like a PDT transmission but it's quick enough and did well. The rev-matched downshifts are nice. I'm interested in how the new 10-speed will be. No cooling issues but I watched everything pretty closely. The trans stayed between 203-207 and reached 210 on the fast laps. It was pretty cool out there this weekend, hence all the wind noise in the video.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
It was pretty good. I have 3.15's. I have extensions so no issues with missing the paddles on turns or anything. As you may know the transmission doesn't shift immediately like a PDT transmission but it's quick enough and did well. The rev-matched downshifts are nice. I'm interested in how the new 10-speed will be. No cooling issues but I watched everything pretty closely. The trans stayed between 203-207 and reached 210 on the fast laps. It was pretty cool out there this weekend, hence all the wind noise in the video.
Good to know. Thanks. I have the 3:15 in my car. I've been debating the 6 piston PP Brembo's as well, but need to get my suspension on first and some better tires.

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Ouch. :doh:

You know what they get you with, radar or laser? If you're in an area where law enforcement uses primarily radar, it might be worth looking into a good radar detector.
sad thing is i have one but my fiance took it cause shes been driving long distances and likes the peace of mind. but as pathetic as it sounds i actually came up from behind him. it was dark and here in Nevada highway patrol are dark blue so it was hard to tell it was a cop and then he said he got me with his "rear facing radar" idk if thats a thing but i wasnt going to fight it since i came up on him quick and he was already doing 70 haha

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
sad thing is i have one but my fiance took it cause shes been driving long distances and likes the peace of mind. but as pathetic as it sounds i actually came up from behind him. it was dark and here in Nevada highway patrol are dark blue so it was hard to tell it was a cop and then he said he got me with his "rear facing radar" idk if thats a thing but i wasnt going to fight it since i came up on him quick and he was already doing 70 haha
Bull he was telling you porkies never heard of rear facing radar!

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
very well could have been BS but last i looked at the speedo it was 120 so i wasnt gonna argue with 110 and then he dropped it down to a 95. i knew i was in the wrong. i was pulling over before he even lit me up. my step dads a cop. ive been taught to be respectful and accept the punishment at the time. if it justifies a fight, do it in court. this mentality has gotten me off with more warnings than not.

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
That looks awesome. Which grille is this?
really like this btw different yet super simple and clean. well done.

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
very well could have been BS but last i looked at the speedo it was 120 so i wasnt gonna argue with 110 and then he dropped it down to a 95. i knew i was in the wrong. i was pulling over before he even lit me up. my step dads a cop. ive been taught to be respectful and accept the punishment at the time. if it justifies a fight, do it in court. this mentality has gotten me off with more warnings than not.
true:)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It is very real. Of course we can't tell if that officer was using it but it has been around for decades.

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
new rear tires mounted, oil change, inspection done. :D
020617.jpg
Sponsored