Sponsored

What did you do to your residence today?

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Finished the floors in another room. Two more rooms to go.

_DSC1027-4.jpg

_DSC1029.jpg
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
These Fresia's pop up every year in a pot on the deck, always a nice little surprise when they are in flower.

IMG_5265.jpg

And my Atropurpureum Maple is looking lush with it's fresh spring foliage. It's even in flower too.......

IMG_5260.jpg

It's taken a bit of time to find it's feet, but the tree is looking very proportional now and I expect it's growth spurt this season to add some meaningful branching to the overall look. We have already sold out of the Atro variety this spring. I'm glad I grabbed this one when I did as it already had a season on it in the pot before I planted it, meaning it was more advanced compared to first year potted specimens.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
One of my clients is mad keen on bee keeping, they have 3 active hives within their suburban back yard. It's spring so they bees are having a field day with all the plants in flower at the moment.

IMG_5272.jpg

When they are happy, you can get as close as you like to the hive, the bees simply go about their business, some will come and see who you are but generally just carry on with that they are doing.

The owners have actually caught two swarms in the last two weeks, one of which I was present for. When angry, they are nasty little buggers requiring either the usual suit or being far back from where it's all going on. I actually got stung on the head and jaw, even at a seemingly safe distance.

The honey they harvest has a deliciously fragrant aroma and I can actually smell the garden in their produce. On a warm day, the whole garden is scented with sweet honey.

It's a fascinating process to see in action and wonder how many don't realize what role these little guys play in human life. No bees=no food!

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Closed my pool for the year...

before.JPG

after.JPG

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Almost finished with the concrete portion of my project. Finally have the last segment of the "wall" section poured. Yesterday I filled in the side of the trench closest to the driveway. Still have the backside to fill in with concrete. After mixing and pouring 18 60# bags of concrete I was too tired to finish the back side.
I had to wait a couple of days to have an overnight temperature above 35 degrees F. Even so i covered the new pour with an old moving blanket and a tarp.
Not finished altogether. Need to do some cosmetic stuff, but that may have to wait till next spring.
DSCN8949.JPG
DSCN8952.JPG
DSCN8955.JPG
DSCN8956.JPG
DSCN8965.JPG

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Finished a couple more rooms. I have one 70 square foot laundry room left, then reinstalling baseboards.

_DSC1330.jpg

_DSC1335.jpg

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Painted the concrete deck around my pool.

april23.JPG

after.JPG

back.jpg
Sponsored