Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Put a smear of di-electric grease on them.
Cheers, actually you might like this. I had to reconfigure the dash after the battery was disconnected and I always forget how so I was watching a youtube clip, it went on to showing how to change the colour in the ambient lighting and the dash. I fiddled around with it and ended up with orange ambient (doors and sills), orange dash background and orange dash infills, it looks awesome with the orange car and is actually super nice on the eyes, I am tickled pink and will defs keep it like that.
Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Cheers, actually you might like this. I had to reconfigure the dash after the battery was disconnected and I always forget how so I was watching a youtube clip, it went on to showing how to change the colour in the ambient lighting and the dash. I fiddled around with it and ended up with orange ambient (doors and sills), orange dash background and orange dash infills, it looks awesome with the orange car and is actually super nice on the eyes, I am tickled pink and will defs keep it like that.

Ha. I replied to this on the weekend but I obviously stuffed the posting bit because what I replied is not here. Anyhow yes the orange backlight everything on the orange fury is great. My car was actually on this colour when I picked it up from the dealer so I don't know if it was them or the factory that set it. I have tried other colours and combinations but in my opinion orange beats the lot when you you have an orange car. I do have some grey on the instruments though, just to be more inclusive.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Service day for the Mustang....................

ser241.jpg

ser242.jpg

ser243.jpg

With only 10,559 km on the clock, it was given the 120,000 km / 96-month service...............again. With greasy fingerprints all over the car :frown:, and $540 later, it's good for another 12 months of sitting in the garage. :facepalm:

They did have the car on display in the service reception, which was a nice touch, nor did they wash it! :like: But, I had to go back in to have the book stamped because the service tech apparently couldn't find it. :facepalm:

I have a habit of removing the service book from the glovebox and leaving it on the passenger seat...............you know, so they don't forget. I do this for Mustang especially as the service books are hidden in a special compartment of the glovebox, which considering this is a country dealer, they mostly service Ranger's and could be forgiven not knowing where to look.

1604940277428.png

gb1.jpg

gb2.jpg

gb3.jpg

The service tech told me that he couldn't find it, that he "looked everywhere" for it. I then pointed to the books in their black Ford branded cover sitting on the passenger seat and mentioned that I put them there because they are usually hidden in the above compartment. Let's just hope that's the only thing he didn't pay attention to.

Other than the page long list of "checks" that they carry out, the only physical thing they did was change the oil and oil filter, install a new pollen filter and road test. I'm at the point where I'm now seriously considering doing my own oil changes, I just don't like the prospect of laying on my back. Even though I would still need to get under the car to change the filter, are pneumatic oil extractors effective?

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Hey DFB5.0 are you still getting a new Mustang

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Hey DFB5.0 are you still getting a new Mustang
Who knows, I have a VIN number and that's the last I have heard. Apparently RHD S650's started production late April, I know of some who have been notified that their car has been built, but its been crickets for me. So over it. But if I wanted a Ranger, Ford would be crawling all over me.

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Who knows, I have a VIN number and that's the last I have heard. Apparently RHD S650's started production late April, I know of some who have been notified that their car has been built, but its been crickets for me. So over it. But if I wanted a Ranger, Ford would be crawling all over me.
There may be 1/2 dozen mustangs available from Steve Di Pettas household in Shep.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
There may be 1/2 dozen mustangs available from Steve Di Pettas household in Shep.
Might actually be available from ATO ;-)

Reactions: PKs

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I'm at the point where I'm now seriously considering doing my own oil changes, I just don't like the prospect of laying on my back.
Jeez. Wakey wakey mate. El Hoisto awaits you. It's ok we all have times when the brain's opportunital lobe isn't at 100%. Carry on...

They did have the car on display in the service reception
...and have since been flooded with calls asking if it's true that there's a brand new 2017 Mustang available.

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
On the road again:
PXL_20240525_060255591.jpg

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Wash day.......................................

IMG-0378.jpg

After wiping down the engine bay, I decided to have a quick look under the battery trim panel.......................................looks like I have joined the club............................

IMG-0390.jpg

While shit happens, the car was actually serviced last week to the tune of $540. Apparently the battery was "inspected".......................................

Screenshot2-229.jpg

I emailed the dealer with a please explain. To be clear, I would have happily paid for this to addressed while it was there, I'm pissed about being told and charged for something they clearly didn't do. All of my Ford's out of warranty, so there is no firm reason why I should keep returning and pay the premium for their "factory trained technicians" to work on my cars. But I do, and therefore expect better than this.

I cleaned it off best I could, but the terminal is pretty ugly. I've ordered a new terminal and will likely replace the battery and terminal next week when I have more time.

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - velocity blue
Wash day.......................................

IMG-0378.jpg

After wiping down the engine bay, I decided to have a quick look under the battery trim panel.......................................looks like I have joined the club............................

IMG-0390.jpg

While shit happens, the car was actually serviced last week to the tune of $540. Apparently the battery was "inspected".......................................

Screenshot2-229.jpg

I emailed the dealer with a please explain. To be clear, I would have happily paid for this to addressed while it was there, I'm pissed about being told and charged for something they clearly didn't do. All of my Ford's out of warranty, so there is no firm reason why I should keep returning and pay the premium for their "factory trained technicians" to work on my cars. But I do, and therefore expect better than this.

I cleaned it off best I could, but the terminal is pretty ugly. I've ordered a new terminal and will likely replace the battery and terminal next week when I have more time.
Yup typical ā€˜ford trained professionalsā€™ right thereā€¦.hence why I have a trusted mechanicā€¦not a ā€˜trained professionalā€™ one

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Seriously...:angry: what a-holes. Wonder what else isn't getting done despite paying an obscene amount for this shoddy rubbish.

Good on you for tackling them, the tech who did it might be on a final warning for this stuff and if management doesn't know then they can't act. Why not take it back and let them fix it, with the amount of business you put their way it's the least they could do. Or get them to agree to foot the bill for repairs at a sparky of your choosing.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Seriously...:angry: what a-holes. Wonder what else isn't getting done despite paying an obscene amount for this shoddy rubbish.

Good on you for tackling them, the tech who did it might be on a final warning for this stuff and if management doesn't know then they can't act. Why not take it back and let them fix it, with the amount of business you put their way it's the least they could do. Or get them to agree to foot the bill for repairs at a sparky of your choosing.
I put six vehicles through that place, I never complain about the price, just the expectation that what needs doing gets done.

I hate bringing things like that up and I don't want to get anyone in trouble. I'm still waiting to hear back from them, at the very least, I want them to ensure that all of their staff know their obligations rather than singling one person out.

I'm not expecting them to pay for anything, the battery doing that is not their fault. But they said they checked it, that I actually did pay for.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I put six vehicles through that place, I never complain about the price, just the expectation that what needs doing gets done.

I hate bringing things like that up and I don't want to get anyone in trouble. I'm still waiting to hear back from them, at the very least, I want them to ensure that all of their staff know their obligations rather than singling one person out.

I'm not expecting them to pay for anything, the battery doing that is not their fault. But they said they checked it, that I actually did pay for.
Yeah its rubbish. Same thing happened to me last year when my battery died and I had to get RAA out. Mine looked like it hadn't been inspected for the life of the car. It was so corroded I needed a new terminal (which I paid for) and I removed the battery tray from the car to clean it thoroughly. I raised it with the dealership and they didn't give a shit. I posted this on this thread. Having problems attaching photos for some reason.
Sponsored