Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Installed MR600 wheels, shockworks coilovers, lowered 25mm :)

Now need to play with the coilover settings because I'm not 100% happy.
Hi There, I have the Shockworks coilovers. Originally I had them set to 4. I then spoke to the owner of the company and he said that for day to day driving they were designed for the Mustang to be set to zero. I then changed them to zero and found much more grip off the mark and cornering up to say 100kph. Didn't feel a lot of difference in ride quality, maybe just a tad.

If you track it you can go crazy and crank them up to 12, or anywhere in between. Your wheels and tyre package obviously make a big difference as well and I notice yours aren't stock. I'd give the owner a call if the wheels are a long way from stock.

I also found that they got rid of the wheel hop to a large degree, cancelled out that wallowing ship feel to the car, eliminated wheel spinning out of sharp turns and generally tidied it all up.
Sponsored

Myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Here's one :)

20170620_122725.jpg

Edit: I installed the front mud spats this morning but the hole pattern needed to be slightly adjusted as the spats didn't sit straight. Minor problem to solve. After taking her for a spin I think they are worth it as you can hear stones and junk pinging off them so I'm glad they are on there saving the paint on the hips!
Looking good! What brand mup splats did u go with. My hips are looking spanked

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Here's one :)

20170620_122725.jpg

Edit: I installed the front mud spats this morning but the hole pattern needed to be slightly adjusted as the spats didn't sit straight. Minor problem to solve. After taking her for a spin I think they are worth it as you can hear stones and junk pinging off them so I'm glad they are on there saving the paint on the hips!
Sounds like an awesome idea for the mud spats. Where did you get them from?

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Sounds like an awesome idea for the mud spats. Where did you get them from?
They are a good idea - my paint behind both doors is showing small chips.

Mqrko

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marko
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016
Hi There, I have the Shockworks coilovers. Originally I had them set to 4. I then spoke to the owner of the company and he said that for day to day driving they were designed for the Mustang to be set to zero. I then changed them to zero and found much more grip off the mark and cornering up to say 100kph. Didn't feel a lot of difference in ride quality, maybe just a tad.

If you track it you can go crazy and crank them up to 12, or anywhere in between. Your wheels and tyre package obviously make a big difference as well and I notice yours aren't stock. I'd give the owner a call if the wheels are a long way from stock.

I also found that they got rid of the wheel hop to a large degree, cancelled out that wallowing ship feel to the car, eliminated wheel spinning out of sharp turns and generally tidied it all up.
My tyres are 275/35/19 and 325/30/19. I changed the tyres, then drove for about a month and added the coilovers. They also installed for me the BMR cradle lockout and LCA bushing kit.

I told the mechanic to set it at medium. I haven't checked but it should be 6 ?
I'm happy with the rear but I feel like the front is a little bit bouncy.
But I'm happy with the driving overall, love the grip :)

0 is softest setting and 12 the stiffest right ?

Sponsored

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Looking good! What brand mup splats did u go with. My hips are looking spanked
https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=5419

Originally I was going to go with the ones from American Muscle but they required drilling into the car which I didn't really feel comfortable doing. Also these ones are fairly subtle. I have only installed the front spats though. Not sure if i'll ever bother doing the rears. It's the fronts that will protect the hips and that's what I wanted to protect.

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks. Did you get the non premium ones? How thick are they?
Yeah just the standard ones cause I'm cheap like that and I had no idea whether they would look alright or not. They are approx 1.5mm thick.

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Yeah just the standard ones cause I'm cheap like that and I had no idea whether they would look alright or not. They are approx 1.5mm thick.
Yes I have them and never fitted them because I thought they looked cheap. But that is way better than I thought and will protect the paint.

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Just ordered a set of mudflaps from the same supplier. Noticed stone chips on the quarter panel scoops and very slight stone chips front guard.

Sponsored

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
The nice new Steeda clutch assist spring arrived today so in it went. Whole of a couple of minutes if that to put it in. One of the quickest mods yet im thinking.

35072258470_f0f5be515d_b.jpg

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The nice new Steeda clutch assist spring arrived today so in it went. Whole of a couple of minutes if that to put it in. One of the quickest mods yet im thinking.

35072258470_f0f5be515d_b.jpg
you must have been one of the lucky ones. I was hated doing this mod, it was so cramped and awkward

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
My tyres are 275/35/19 and 325/30/19. I changed the tyres, then drove for about a month and added the coilovers. They also installed for me the BMR cradle lockout and LCA bushing kit.

I told the mechanic to set it at medium. I haven't checked but it should be 6 ?
I'm happy with the rear but I feel like the front is a little bit bouncy.
But I'm happy with the driving overall, love the grip :)

0 is softest setting and 12 the stiffest right ?
Yes that's right. I found 0 similar ride to original setup as far as firmness, but much better grip, turn in, corner exit adhesion etc.

12 would be for a really nicely surfaced race track, when you are at the limit the whole time.

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
Used it as a shopping trolley......