Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
The main 'over the top' stripes will be the same as fellow forum member JRodSan's car (below), with black pin stripping on the outer edges of the stripes only. I am just hoping the total overall look will not be 'over-the-top'!
Very interested to see the end result. I'm still tossing up between white with black pinstripe or black with white pinstripe. I have also considered sill stripes but like you thought it might be too much. At least being vinyl they could always be removed.
Sponsored

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
^^^^ I like the "Start" sign in the first photo - poetic in a way.

I hope when it's complete you'll somehow get the "Finish" sign subtly in.

Looking good too!
Ha ha, that's a good observation. I will take a before 'Start' and after 'Finish' photo just for you :)

Very interested to see the end result. I'm still tossing up between white with black pinstripe or black with white pinstripe. I have also considered sill stripes but like you thought it might be too much. At least being vinyl they could always be removed.
Yes, I am a bit apprehensive about it, but fortunately it is not like getting a tattoo where it is not reversible! Traditionally Mustangs have often had both 'over the top' and rocker stripes, and I am an old-fashioned sort of guy!

On your car I would be tempted by black stripes/white pin stripes, considering you have black wheels, but either would look good.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On your car I would be tempted by black stripes/white pin stripes, considering you have black wheels, but either would look good.
Yes, that's what I was leaning towards as well.

Newbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT FB Grabber Blue Manual
Yes, that's what I was leaning towards as well.
I was looking at gloss black with white pin stripes if I was to go for that look on the Grabber. I saw a GT350 on the site with those stripes and a gloss black roof and it looked stunning.

Steel pony

Ayjay
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 RUBY RED GT
I was looking at gloss black with white pin stripes if I was to go for that look on the Grabber. I saw a GT350 on the site with those stripes and a gloss black roof and it looked stunning.
Definitely YES!:headbang:

Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I'd gone with the black roof (I considered it but decided it was easier to wrap later and easier to reverse if I didn't like it) I was going to just wrap the mirrors in gloss black and add a rear wing also in gloss black and not stripe it. Add in dark tinted windows and the black wheels and I thought black stripes might be too much and white might look odd not continued over the roof.

Newbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT FB Grabber Blue Manual
If I'd gone with the black roof (I considered it but decided it was easier to wrap later and easier to reverse if I didn't like it) I was going to just wrap the mirrors in gloss black and add a rear wing also in gloss black and not stripe it. Add in dark tinted windows and the black wheels and I thought black stripes might be too much and white might look odd not continued over the roof.
I agree, I am going to wrap the mirrors gloss black, but the stripes on this GT350 do look good with the black roof and black mirrors IMHO. Cheers.
IMG_0235.jpg

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
What is the attraction of having a black roof? Did the fashion begin when cars started having glass roofs? I know some Mercedes Benz and supercars have black roofs, but they don't seem very 'muscle car' to me. Moreover they remind me of hideous looking people movers such as this:

Steel pony

Ayjay
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 RUBY RED GT
Took the pony in for tint today. Got all the rear lights and side markers done too. Stripes and paint protection tomorrow. :D
image.jpeg

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Took the pony in for tint today. Got all the rear lights and side markers done too. Stripes and paint protection tomorrow. :D
How did you stick it up there? Hope it doesn't fall:D

Sponsored

NZmuzzy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
What is the attraction of having a black roof? Did the fashion begin when cars started having glass roofs? I know some Mercedes Benz and supercars have black roofs, but they don't seem very 'muscle car' to me. Moreover they remind me of hideous looking people movers such as this:
lol, same as blue cars to me.

Hey, each to their own eh and this isn't a pissing game.

I've gone black roof and blacked out emblems on a magnetic GT. The roof didn't say glass to me, more black highlighting, I don't do bright nor chrome.

Steel pony

Ayjay
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 RUBY RED GT
How did you stick it up there? Hope it doesn't fall:D
It's window tint and with it being a smooth surface it shouldn't fall off. Same as the tint kits you can get from the US, only cheaper. Only difference these were cut to fit on site

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
It's window tint and with it being a smooth surface it shouldn't fall off. Same as the tint kits you can get from the US, only cheaper. Only difference these were cut to fit on site
I mean the car - have a look at your pic:):)

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
I mean the car - have a look at your pic:):)
It's probably doing that thing where it's showing upside down on some devices - it's actually the right way up on my iPhone right now so he's probably a bit confused about your comment!

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
So did you just ask the window tint guy to put film on them?

What tint percentage did you go with? (for both the car and the lights)
Sponsored