Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It feels really good to be honest. I have had a car "payment" for longer than I can remember. With nothing really interesting me on the market at the moment, I'm going to be saving plenty of money for a while............................... until I see another detailing product I want. :facepalm: :giggle:
Yeah to be honest I cant get excited about electric cars - no gears, no sound (well they have both in some cases but not what I am after) and also I am very happy with what's in the garage, so I'm kind of in the same boat.
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks mate......it sure is.....still not a mark on it!

I plan on keeping this long term, the only thing that really concerns me at the moment is the oil cooler (followed by the aircon evaporator core going out again).

Are you considering upgrading the oil cooler?
The oil cooler terrifies me to be honest. Being outside of the major cities, I don't know who I would take it to have it replaced.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
The oil cooler terrifies me to be honest.
Same.

I'll probably just run the gauntlet and hope Ford comes to the party should disaster strike.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Yeah to be honest I cant get excited about electric cars - no gears, no sound (well they have both in some cases but not what I am after) and also I am very happy with what's in the garage, so I'm kind of in the same boat.
My passion for cars generally centers around engines and the way they sound. An electric car might be fast, but I have no interest in electric motors.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
The oil cooler terrifies me to be honest. Being outside of the major cities, I don't know who I would take it to have it replaced.
Most regional centres will have a shop that can do it. Alternatively you could call Harrop and ask if there's anyone in the area they recommend. OR...travel to a capital city which means driving the Mustang :clap: and then when you get back you'll have to detail it 😍 yay.

Same. I'll probably just run the gauntlet and hope Ford comes to the party should disaster strike.
Hey Drew they should do the right thing but I got mine upgraded because there's no guarantee and I didn't want to have 'the' discussion. Sinclair Ford did mine, they've been great all along and the 2.5 hour drive to get there in my case has been worth it.

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Most regional centres will have a shop that can do it. Alternatively you could call Harrop and ask if there's anyone in the area they recommend. OR...travel to a capital city which means driving the Mustang :clap: and then when you get back you'll have to detail it 😍 yay.

Hey Drew they should do the right thing but I got mine upgraded because there's no guarantee and I didn't want to have 'the' discussion. Sinclair Ford did mine, they've been great all along and the 2.5 hour drive to get there in my case has been worth it.
So how much did the upgraded cooler cost including install. And what mustangs had this issue? Mine is August 2016 build, 2017 model year.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
The Harrop kit was $1500 fitted. MY15-17 cars were affected but which VINs etc isn't something that anyone including Ford have been able to ID accurately as it seems to be a random thing. IIRC Ford did try to nail down production dates but a couple of cars outside the range promptly failed. It seems the prevalence of failures has tapered dramatically so it could be a case of 'if it hasn't happened yet it won't'. A few folks have posted their experiences here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/oil-cooler-failure-first-hand-experiences.90359/

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Here are the cf bonnet vents covers I got from Subject9 on special (yay) and the rear spoiler plastidipped which I am quite happy with. Excuse any rough edges, I haven't gotten around to tidying it up yet as I might give it another coat and some glossifier.

As with the mirror covers, I am glad I had done the vents black first so as not to have orange bits showing

20211001_163201.jpg
20211001_162900.jpg

Sponsored

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
The Harrop kit was $1500 fitted. MY15-17 cars were affected but which VINs etc isn't something that anyone including Ford have been able to ID accurately as it seems to be a random thing. IIRC Ford did try to nail down production dates but a couple of cars outside the range promptly failed. It seems the prevalence of failures has tapered dramatically so it could be a case of 'if it hasn't happened yet it won't'. A few folks have posted their experiences here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/oil-cooler-failure-first-hand-experiences.90359/
Cheers. Is there a way to tell just by looking if mine has already been done ?

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Here are the cf bonnet vents covers I got from Subject9 on special (yay) and the rear spoiler plastidipped which I am quite happy with. Excuse any rough edges, I haven't gotten around to tidying it up yet as I might give it another coat and some glossifier.

As with the mirror covers, I am glad I had done the vents black first so as not to have orange bits showing

20211001_163201.jpg
20211001_162900.jpg
Nice Peter 😄👍🏻

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Hi John do you mean as in whether it's had a Harrop kit fitted?
Mainly just does the revised cooler (Harrop or Ford) look different to the type that had the issue ?

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Ah ok, the Harrop kit replaces the suspect Ford part/s and also adds a large external cooler which is probably overkill for street use. Mishimoto and Streetfighter do similar kits with minor variations. It's essentially just a simple oil cooler set up, you could build your own using parts available in the US aftermarket and here but the kits are plug and play and it's an easy (albeit annoying) solution. IIRC someone on here did DIY but I can't recall the details. There's been a bit of conjecture on the UK forums I believe around whether the 18+ has a revised design as none of them seem to fail but there's nothing conclusive.

Harrop kit:
1633129444531.png

Not my car but same fitment:
1633129476002.png
Sponsored