Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Tuner from Shrader Motorsport arrived today, So in the tune went. All I can say is wow, the car performed so much better and the hit it provides when you put the right foot down is amazing. Much better than the stock tune. And that Ghost cam wow totaly changes the character of the car at idle. The tuner came with two tunes, one with ghost cam and one with out. Bloody awesome !

Little Link for a taste.

Next mod is the MMR remote oil filter/cooler kit, just waiting on new mounts from CJ's and the stage 8 header bolts. :)

Sponsored

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Installed the fathers day present from my lovely wife. Engine bay dress up kit, well worth it in my view. I will need to modify the strut bar mounts to fit the coil spring covers but that will be another day. On my days off ill be fitting the MMR oil filter cooler/relocation kit I bought.

43684337554_c2d672199a_b.jpg

43719903014_ae51cc7609_b.jpg

29499549867_112e6770be_b.jpg

30568876668_06dc441647_b.jpg

oil filter/cooler relocation kit, Stainless bolts are the stage8 header bolts in using on my headers, and the engine mount kit from CJ's s to replace the passenger side factory engine mount which has the AU factory oil cooler intergrated under the factory mount. water hose ill modify but that will be on the day.

29499597717_6dec4f1f5d_b.jpg

BenM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT.
oil filter/cooler relocation kit, Stainless bolts are the stage8 header bolts in using on my headers, and the engine mount kit from CJ's s to replace the passenger side factory engine mount which has the AU factory oil cooler intergrated under the factory mount. water hose ill modify but that will be on the day.

29499597717_6dec4f1f5d_b.jpg
Hi Keith,

If possible, would you be able to take some photos of the original engine mount, oil cooler manifold and compare it to the new engine mount? Also the area in where the MMR oil lines adapter bolts on behind the alternator.

Looking at the American oil filter adapter I believe it may foul on the steering rack.

I'm considering doing something similar, maybe utilizing the Mishimoto oil cooler kit.

Good luck with your mods. I look forward to seeing the end results.

Cheers Ben.

:like:

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Hi Keith,

If possible, would you be able to take some photos of the original engine mount, oil cooler manifold and compare it to the new engine mount? Also the area in where the MMR oil lines adapter bolts on behind the alternator.

Looking at the American oil filter adapter I believe it may foul on the steering rack.

I'm considering doing something similar, maybe utilizing the Mishimoto oil cooler kit.

Good luck with your mods. I look forward to seeing the end results.

Cheers Ben.

:like:
No problem a all Ben, Ill add the photos down below.
I finally finished the install this morning and took the beast for a run, oil pressure is normal and oil temp is normal most of all NO leaks, thank christ :)
Every thing fit perfect, only bitch ill have with the MMR kit is they do not provide any mounting brackets or hardware but it was not a big issue to make them. The Kit provides much more clearance around the block now that the factory cooler is out of the way. Both of the CNC hardware is of exceptional quality as with the hoses and fitting (hoses took least amount of time to make up) I took my time with the install, didn't want to rush it and stuff something up or cut un-necessary corners. This unit doesnt even come close to the steering rack so no dramas what so ever their.
Over all very happy with the kit and unlike the street fighter and mishimoto kits this removes the cooler manifold completely from close proximity of the headers. MMR race and test their products and have done so for some time. The kit may not be for every one but after alot of resurch and pondering this is the personal option made.
Also installed the stage8 header bolts and I can tell you they make a large difference in accessibility to the bolts, very happy with them
Enough gabbering time for some pics.

Pic showing the factory EU/AU engine mount on top of the oil cooler manifold.
44517985342_95bf7af1e3_b.jpg

Factory mount on the right US mount on the left
44567714991_e2a503aee9_b.jpg

Factory manifold and the MMr unit
44567744331_b79a7b0820_b.jpg

MMR unit bolted in place with plenty of clearence, Once alternator is in place it just has clearence, hoses once on have more than enough clearence and you have flexability as to the direction they can go. (I utilized the factory heater hose location clamp to hold the oil line in place)
29629579677_3fe96e3038_b.jpg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Nice work Keith :like:

Was looking at the MMR a while back but a few shops here and abroad were adamant that you couldn't use a US engine mount so I put the whole thing on ice while it's under warranty. Probably just a matter of trying to sell what they already know/have. Have to wonder why Ford came up with such a farnarkle when this simple solution does a better job.

If it's not too much trouble could you post a few photos of how you rigged/routed the rest of the system please ?

Sponsored

BenM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT.
Excellent work Keith.

I appreciate the time you took to take the photos. This has clarified a number of things for me now.

The factory manifold is an eyesore! I imagine it looks a lot tidier around that area with the US engine mount installed.

Cheers Ben. :like:

Mr & Mrs Shrek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave and Beth
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
No problem a all Ben, Ill add the photos down below.
I finally finished the install this morning and took the beast for a run, oil pressure is normal and oil temp is normal most of all NO leaks, thank christ :)
Every thing fit perfect, only bitch ill have with the MMR kit is they do not provide any mounting brackets or hardware but it was not a big issue to make them. The Kit provides much more clearance around the block now that the factory cooler is out of the way. Both of the CNC hardware is of exceptional quality as with the hoses and fitting (hoses took least amount of time to make up) I took my time with the install, didn't want to rush it and stuff something up or cut un-necessary corners. This unit doesnt even come close to the steering rack so no dramas what so ever their.
Over all very happy with the kit and unlike the street fighter and mishimoto kits this removes the cooler manifold completely from close proximity of the headers. MMR race and test their products and have done so for some time. The kit may not be for every one but after alot of resurch and pondering this is the personal option made.
Also installed the stage8 header bolts and I can tell you they make a large difference in accessibility to the bolts, very happy with them
Enough gabbering time for some pics.

Pic showing the factory EU/AU engine mount on top of the oil cooler manifold.
44517985342_95bf7af1e3_b.jpg

Factory mount on the right US mount on the left
44567714991_e2a503aee9_b.jpg

Factory manifold and the MMr unit
44567744331_b79a7b0820_b.jpg

MMR unit bolted in place with plenty of clearence, Once alternator is in place it just has clearence, hoses once on have more than enough clearence and you have flexability as to the direction they can go. (I utilized the factory heater hose location clamp to hold the oil line in place)
29629579677_3fe96e3038_b.jpg
Keith
A job well done. Where did you locate the remote filter and cooler? Any pictures? If you want to put a thermostat in, there are some really good inline units at improved racing. https://www.improvedracing.com/oil-thermostats/high-flow-engine-oil-cooler-thermostat-p-212.html. The OEM GT350 oil cooler does not have a thermostat so maybe it is not that important.

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
as requested more pics,
oil cooler
29629571857_137e1214a9_b.jpg

oil filter relocation, will be cutting a hole in the bottom tray and making it so that it can open and close.
44518087502_b0e757c6b6_b.jpg

and the coolant hose, easy mod :)
44518095492_83fd63e6d4_b.jpg

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Thanks Mr & Mrs shrek, had a look at the oil thermostat and will certainly keep it in mind. Its a good looking unit.
I have been keeping a eye on the oil temps since the install, so far the oils been in the mid range which is great. Will be keeping a close eye when summer hits with the hot days. If needed I'll certainly purchase one.
Sponsored