Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Go for the MyFord one if anything Allan, it is the 'official' one offered by FoA and covers everything the same as the factory warranty, although I vaguely remember some trim items may not have been covered. I'll most likely do this closer to the time - it isn't cheap, about $1600 rrp or something like that.

Don't buy into dealer warranties, most aren't worth the paper they're written on.
Just keep in mind that the myford warranty whilst offered and endorsed by ford is just an Allianz product with a different skin and as such has limitations.

I have the extended warranty on my other fords (I have it included as a deal sweetener during negotiations) never had any issues claiming on it.
Sponsored

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT
Thanks Peter, Anne and Will for your replies. Much appreciated.

I had extended warranty on our X-Trail but it had to be serviced every 6 months to keep it valid. I paid for a major 40k service with only 6k on the clock despite having 7 services in the 3 year period prior. My oil would be still luminous yellow but I had to pay for oil changes, my tyres done 1k per 6 month service interval but I still had to pay for rotations.... And eventually I tore the warranty papers up at the Nissan dealership leaving the pieces on their bench because I had an issue with a transmission whine and they refused to acknowledge it.

So I vowed never to buy EW ever again. But the Mustang being new to Aus makes me wonder if it is a must have even if they steal your wallet over the period. :shrug:
I had a bmw 323 that had the starter motor fail while in EW. They were great with it, replaced it no problems. I found out that it would have cost me over $2k to get it done myself (i'm sure it would have been cheaper not going to the dealer though), but I felt comfortable having paid $1200 for the EW.

The EW was with Allianz, I negotiated the price of it down with them (I think they wanted nearly double that). My dealer wouldn't negotiate the EW for the mustang. I'm sure I could have done the same if I tried with them but I was too excited to get in the car and drive away. I should have waited and done it the same way and saved some $

And the MyFord warranty only stipulates that the car is serviced as per the service schedule, you don't have to do any special services and you can get it done anywhere

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
I had a bmw 323 that had the starter motor fail while in EW. They were great with it, replaced it no problems. I found out that it would have cost me over $2k to get it done myself (i'm sure it would have been cheaper not going to the dealer though), but I felt comfortable having paid $1200 for the EW.

The EW was with Allianz, I negotiated the price of it down with them (I think they wanted nearly double that). My dealer wouldn't negotiate the EW for the mustang. I'm sure I could have done the same if I tried with them but I was too excited to get in the car and drive away. I should have waited and done it the same way and saved some $

And the MyFord warranty only stipulates that the car is serviced as per the service schedule, you don't have to do any special services and you can get it done anywhere
Thanks Peter. I always learn very valuable information from you guys on this forum :hail: So they key is to make sure its MyFord. Our dealer quted $2600 so it would seem they whack $1k on top if you are unaware of the rrp.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Just keep in mind that the myford warranty whilst offered and endorsed by ford is just an Allianz product with a different skin and as such has limitations.

I have the extended warranty on my other fords (I have it included as a deal sweetener during negotiations) never had any issues claiming on it.
Thanks Copie, this is the difficult part of EW, so many horror stories and so many great stories.... I think its the fear factor that they blind you with. Korean car companies offer 7 year factory warranties up front, I wish Ford backed their product with the same confidence!

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks Copie, this is the difficult part of EW, so many horror stories and so many great stories.... I think its the fear factor that they blind you with. Korean car companies offer 7 year factory warranties up front, I wish Ford backed their product with the same confidence!
Thats because there is EW's and then there is EW's, unless its factory backed or from Allianz (one of the big insurance companies) they are generally not worth the paper they are written on.

And i believe one of the primary reasons why ford dont offer over a 3 year warranty is cost.

Sponsored

BT's GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just saying, fitted some Roush side scoops today. Ruby red, do look pretty tidy if I do say so my self

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks Peter. I always learn very valuable information from you guys on this forum :hail: So they key is to make sure its MyFord. Our dealer quted $2600 so it would seem they whack $1k on top if you are unaware of the rrp.
I just got a quote from local dealer for the Myford ew $2700 !!! Wow :tsk:

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
I just got a quote from local dealer for the Myford ew $2700 !!! Wow :tsk:
Yeah Matt, our quote was 2600. I wonder if it is worth it truly? Thats $2600 towards any problems anyway so I am thinking their price is an historical average of all isuues they have to cover over the 3 year period and if thats the case playing the law of averages we might be better to hold the momey in our own bank accounts until needed if at all?

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
That's what I'm thinking

Well, not really, I don't drink beer. But it's still a couple of decent mods :p

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
$2600 buys a lot of beer and hookers.

:thumbsup:
Depends on your taste in both :D

FWIW I've never bought EW on any car I've had, or any appliance for that matter. As has been mentioned there's usually a lot of conditions and exclusions so my advice is read the T&C carefully and decide if it's worth the peace of mind for you.

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
I got the FordAU EW thrown in with mine due to a delivery incident. Already had my drive shaft replaced under warranty

Shevs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT Manual Race Red
Installed my GT350R steering wheel tonight, then proceeded to test it with a gentle cruise over Mount Dandenong.

This adds to the Front parking sensors added today, GT350 button and Ford bonnet struts on Sunday afternoon.

Picking up an FG jacking kit friday, so will be fitting the Gnome Spare then.
20161019_191153.jpg

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
I re-torqued my GT350R wheel tonight because it worked loose while I was driving home today :/
Sponsored