Sponsored

What did /didn't your Mustang come with?

Case

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Atlas Blue GT MY23, Magneride, 10R80 30/05/23
OK, so I have just taken delivery of my GT and a few things have come as a bit of a surprise. First to admit that I probably should have had a better understanding of what I was getting, but you know, that V8 rumble gave me a serious case of "rose coloured glasses" syndrome.
Would love to hear from others and compare spec and delivery "features".

Namely:
  • I thought that the latest slightly de-tuned Mustangs came with a full size active carbon filter in the air box lid and a bit of a diffuser ahead of the MAF in the intake runner, as per the US market cars. Mine has a clear intake trunk (no diffuser) and only a small charcoal element which isn't situated in the path of airflow. The de-tune must all be down to software changes?
  • The entire underbody is covered in a thick, black bituminous body deadener. It is about 2mm thick and is all over the exhaust and other underbody components. Is this normal? Quarantine thing perhaps? No problem with it being on the chassis but covering the exhaust is crazy. It stinks when it gets hot and is unlikely to burn off anytime soon given how thick it is.
  • No preset seating positions šŸ˜ 
  • Cant find the adjustable launch control or line lock that I have seen in other markets? Maybe i'm just too dumb to find it?
  • Lastly, I optioned magneride. How can I confirm its fitted?
No buyers regret here, just interested in the experience and knowledge of others.
Sponsored

tuf50L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order pending
I took delivery this week too so my perspective on your points.

- Havenā€™t installed the K&N I bought yet but my understanding is the RHD cars donā€™t have all the intake changes the US cars got.

- Mine is flooded in that tar crap. Iā€™ll be trying some CarPro TarX on it next week but there are also wipes that have been recommended in the wash/wax thread that remove it pretty easily. Yes they stink.

- Iā€™ve got Recaros so not sure about standard seats.

- Line lock is in the menus but greyed out under certain circumstances if the car isnā€™t level or warmed up.

- On your dash it should have 4 modes listed in the center display, mode, steering, exhaust, suspension with logos.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
The black crap is unfortunately on all the export cars, I believe it s some sort of anti corrosion stuff. They certainly didn't give a shit how it went on. It takes age's for the smell to burn away, at least a year I reckon, not sure how easy to remove.

OP
OP
Case

Case

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I took delivery this week too so my perspective on your points.

- Havenā€™t installed the K&N I bought yet but my understanding is the RHD cars donā€™t have all the intake changes the US cars got.

- Mine is flooded in that tar crap. Iā€™ll be trying some CarPro TarX on it next week but there are also wipes that have been recommended in the wash/wax thread that remove it pretty easily. Yes they stink.

- Iā€™ve got Recaros so not sure about standard seats.

- Line lock is in the menus but greyed out under certain circumstances if the car isnā€™t level or warmed up.

- On your dash it should have 4 modes listed in the center display, mode, steering, exhaust, suspension with logos.
Cheers and congrats on taking delivery this week too. Looks like a few of us had a lucky week.
I had a go at scraping the body deadener off the exhaust and it is on like their like liquid nails. Let me know how you go. Seriously, this stuff is so dense, it could easily unbalance a tail shaft. Horrible stuff.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
OK, so I have just taken delivery of my GT and a few things have come as a bit of a surprise. First to admit that I probably should have had a better understanding of what I was getting, but you know, that V8 rumble gave me a serious case of "rose coloured glasses" syndrome.

Namely:
  • I thought that the latest slightly de-tuned Mustangs came with a full size active carbon filter in the air box lid and a bit of a diffuser ahead of the MAF in the intake runner, as per the US market cars. Mine has a clear intake trunk (no diffuser) and only a small charcoal element which isn't situated in the path of airflow. The de-tune must all be down to software changes?
  • The entire underbody is covered in a thick, black bituminous body deadener. It is about 2mm thick and is all over the exhaust and other underbody components. Is this normal? Quarantine thing perhaps? No problem with it being on the chassis but covering the exhaust is crazy. It stinks when it gets hot and is unlikely to burn off anytime soon given how thick it is.
  • Cant find the adjustable launch control or line lock that I have seen in other markets? Maybe i'm just too dumb to find it?
No buyers regret here, just interested in the experience and knowledge of others.
1/ Australian export Mustang's did not get retuned or have the carbon trap in the intake system, this is due to less stringent emission standards in Australia.

2/The underbody paint is applied for corrosion protection during shipping. It's applied after the car has left the factory, with little to no care in its application. (See video below, skip to 3.55 for the export prep) Provided the undercoating is not visible on the painted panels or the black rocker pieces, I would leave it alone.

3/No seat presets on Mustang's.

4/Can't help with launch control/line lock, it will be listed in your owner's manual though.

5/Again, your owner's manual will provide that information.

Sponsored

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
@WD Pro had that black crap all over his car and removed it from all/most the undercarriage, he might have some insight-

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
That black crap is horrible stuff, itā€™s applied by a highly intoxicated blind man whoā€™s on min wage and hasnā€™t had a blowjob in well over a year, his frustration is clear ā€¦

My entryā€™s for the black crap top trumps :

1685892067230.jpeg

1685892104554.jpeg

1685892249538.jpeg

1685892284701.jpeg

My paintwork didnā€™t escape either :

1685892374723.jpeg

It made it to the top of the rear arches :

1685892442514.jpeg

I also had some on the top edges of the door handles.

Letā€™s not forget the gang bang style application of cavity wax :

1685892208356.jpeg

The doors were proper cream pied :

1685892567958.jpeg

Three years later, I still get the odd drip (that stains the plastic sills) on a warm day ā€¦

To be fair I donā€™t mind the cavity wax, but if there was an option to omit the black crap and treat it yourself upon arrival, I would have ticked that option for sure ā€¦

WD :like:

OP
OP
Case

Case

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
That black crap is horrible stuff, itā€™s applied by a highly intoxicated blind man whoā€™s on min wage and hasnā€™t had a blowjob in well over a year, his frustration is clear ā€¦

My entryā€™s for the black crap top trumps :

1685892067230.jpeg

1685892104554.jpeg

1685892249538.jpeg

1685892284701.jpeg

My paintwork didnā€™t escape either :

1685892374723.jpeg

It made it to the top of the rear arches :

1685892442514.jpeg

I also had some on the top edges of the door handles.

Letā€™s not forget the gang bang style application of cavity wax :

1685892208356.jpeg

The doors were proper cream pied :

1685892567958.jpeg

Three years later, I still get the odd drip (that stains the plastic sills) on a warm day ā€¦

To be fair I donā€™t mind the cavity wax, but if there was an option to omit the black crap and treat it yourself upon arrival, I would have ticked that option for sure ā€¦

Mine is Atlas Blue, bit darker than yours so less obvious, but no doubt I have specks on the sills and lower doors if I look hard enough. Will have a closer look when I go over it with my detailer but as for the mechanical components, sounds like getting it off is more trouble than its worth. I literally saw smoke rising from under the car when was stopped at a set of lights yesterday. I could see other drivers waiting to see if I was going to go up in flames.

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Once itā€™s heat cycled itā€™s tough to get off. Neat thinners on a rag kept in contact with the surface will soften it, and then the same rag with elbow grease will remove it - but it still takes time ā€¦

Once itā€™s baked, it blasts off quite well - but I wouldnā€™t recommend that on things you canā€™t remove ā€¦ lol

Blasted and coated :

1685917595753.jpeg

Blasted :

1685917661560.jpeg

Painted :

1685917869817.jpeg

Rag and thinners :

1685917903713.jpeg

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I really hope Ford have come up with something better than this when they start making export S650's.

I mean, does any other car company think this is an acceptable way to provide rust protection for cars that are transported on a boat? I would also think that a Mustang spending a winter on heavily salted roads In the US being a million times worse than the potential salt exposure it would see in transport across the ocean. And yet, the US market cars don't get this crap sprayed all over their brand new cars.

OP
OP
Case

Case

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Once itā€™s heat cycled itā€™s tough to get off. Neat thinners on a rag kept in contact with the surface will soften it, and then the same rag with elbow grease will remove it - but it still takes time ā€¦

Once itā€™s baked, it blasts off quite well - but I wouldnā€™t recommend that on things you canā€™t remove ā€¦ lol

Blasted and coated :

1685917595753.jpeg

Blasted :

1685917661560.jpeg

Painted :

1685917869817.jpeg

Rag and thinners :

1685917903713.jpeg

Parts look like new, especially the exhausts which actually look better than new. Lots of elbow grease in that lot.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang

Namely:
I knew about the black blanket under the car. Seen plenty of posts about it. Almost 4,000km on mine now and it still stinks after a spirited drive. (even short burts)

I was unsure about the preset seating. I thought it had it and was set to the key. Then I noticed the preset buttons on the door card of US models. Then after looking for local variants saw that this wasn't a thing.

Thought the mirrors would auto-fold in on locking but was disappointed that they don't. As well as the traffic warning lights in the mirrors not being there was a bugger.

Knew it didn't have 360 degree cameras but wish it had, and Ford Pilot360 seems misleading.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
Oh, mine also didn't come with a V8 engine. :p