Sponsored

What cars did you cross-shop before deciding on the Mustang?

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Traded a 135i, 6 MT for my S550...was close to pulling a trigger on the E92 M3. That's still a desirable car - sweet, high-winding V-8.
Sponsored

Tofino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT stick.
Am i seriously the only one that looked at the 15 vipers?
As a former owner, I almost went with a new 2015 Viper gts.
Probably would have bought a challenger hellcat except the wait was toooo long. So I drove the new Mustang and really enjoyed it. Looked all over for a car that was in stock just how I wanted it. Found my dream Mustang and am very pleased with it. Once I add a bit more power it will be perfect for me.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
I considered a 2014 leftover but the more I learned about the 2015 the more I realized it was the car for me.

Tofino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT stick.
I sat in a Camaro once. That was enough to cross it off.
Did you even fit in it okay?
It was extremely difficult to get into and out of I found.
My head was against the roof, and visibility out the windshield was very limited.

Sponsored

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
Honda S2000 (Used)
Acura TLX Type S
Lexus RCF

Danger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015, Performance Package, Ingot Silver
I traded my 2013 Camaro in for the 15 Mustang soo happy. Dodge I would never look their way. If I got a Hell cat for free, I would trade it in for a GT 350R track tech pack.

NotBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Base)
I was one of the forum trolls who said that if Ford would ever release another IRS mustang with 400+ HP I would be a buyer. It was time to put my money where my mouth was and I'm glad that I did.

rkan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion ti
I am currently looking at a very nice 2009 335i that has been tastefully modded, but it is a BMW. And while I know the owner and how well he takes care of his cars, it is a BMW. I do not want to risk a money pit that might prolong my access to my dream car -which really comes down to the GT or the Porsche.

Ok, TMI...
Run from the 335i. Had a 2009. 4 fuel pumps, 3 sets of injectors, 2 turbos (and an intermittent tail light fault) later, and had enough and dumped it.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Cross shopped against:

Replacing my BMW M6 manual Loved it but wished there was more torque DDĂ­ng (only 380 pounds feet max), maintenance costs can get HOLY S** CRAZY, a little too grown up for me.
C63 AMG - top contender. Love the engine, didnt care about looks and handling was loose.
E92 M3 - too common out here (way more than GT) - over 10 in my office building, no torque for DDĂ­ng unless you rev it. BMW maintenance costs are offputting.
Scatpack SRT with Shaker - nice looks, wife hate the look, too wide for Seattle, handling was not great and I will auto-x and enjoy twisties
Gen 2 Cadillac CTS-V wagon - Wanted a manual, liked the look but felt it started to look dated. Range is terrible (too small tank for size). Wife hates the looks, says hearse. Not a great auto-x car.
2013 GT500 - Gorgeous car, interior was OK. Primitive suspension and handling made it feel oldschool. Range sucks. Retails value well.
Fiesta ST - Tight handling, surprising torque in city, great package. Interior is terrible, buzzy, NVH, uncomfortable, safety ratings are poor. Prefer RWD. Cartoonish looks.
Ford Raptor 6.2 - LOL. I did test drive it and my wife and I loved it, lots of personality in this thing (along with the Fiesta, Challenger and AMG). But we agreed, I have NO USE for a pickup, its too big and it just doesnt suit my driving habits.
Camaro 1LE - cant see out of them, disgusting interior, not for me. Handles well but too rough in the city. Cartoonish looks to me.
Older 911S - I dont like 911's. I just dont like driving them, they way they look and they are very common here. I also am wary of maintaining any more German cars.
NSX (2000's) - Really organic handling. Cant do a 2 door, REALLY unsafe driving it in todays SUV dominated world. Too old for my taste...

S550 GT PP- what sold me was the sharp streamlined looks, refined classy interior, 5.0 (I just love this engine), value, tunability, performance pack goodies - one of the best platforms out there. Reliability was also a huge factor. For 42K, cant beat it. Nothing touched it. It's really hard plunking down 65K+ for slight improvements (if any) in performance and interior for a stock setup car while the S550 existed. A true ALL ROUNDER.. Was wary of the handling stock based on Mustang reputation but pre-ordered it based on my experience with friends Boss 302 and took a leap of faith. Did not disappoint.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jrt6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White Ford Mustang GT Premium, 6MT
Originally wanted a MK7 VW GTI because its cheap, fun, and efficient. I had an accident earlier this year and that led to me put the mustang on the back burner, although I've always loved mustangs since the S197s. With the GTI, I've always loved Hot Hatchbacks. Problem was when it came to car buying time i couldn't find a GTI in the exact configuration I wanted...

Next was BMW. I tried to find a demo 335i at practically all the BMWs in houston but none of them would budge below 45k, and i wasn't about to start paying 800-900/month on a car. Also I looked up some of the prices for mods, prices for BMW aftermarket parts are insanely over-inflated.

Then after BMW was a bust I reconsidered getting a Mustang and realized my insurance wouldn't be so bad after all. The mustang was the car I wanted all along, and I'm loving it so far!

If the mustang hadn't worked out (and I'm very glad it did), next on my list was a either CPO Volvo S60 T6 AWD R-Design in the Polestar Blue or BMW i3, or Chevy Volt.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
As a former owner, I almost went with a new 2015 Viper gts.
Probably would have bought a challenger hellcat except the wait was toooo long. So I drove the new Mustang and really enjoyed it. Looked all over for a car that was in stock just how I wanted it. Found my dream Mustang and am very pleased with it. Once I add a bit more power it will be perfect for me.
I was looking at the 15 srt (poor mans model lol) coupes with some options i wanted, I could snag it in the color i wanted for 80g OTD. Its still temping. I really love the monster im going to be able to build with the s550 gt for still 20g less total invested. Maybe one day ill pick up the 15 viper when it drops some in price. I think the wife would rather i dont buy such a higher priced fun car. I sold my 14 gt500 not too long ago to have something cheaper. I couldnt not consider that beautiful viper, at least for a bit.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I was actually shopping for a Mazda 6 or a Ford Fusion. Ultimately decided that the Fusion was the one I wanted. Went to my Ford dealership, they didn't have the Fusion equipped they was I wanted. So as I was leaving, I saw the orange Mustang, walked back in, said I was taking the orange Mustang. 4 Months later here I am, happier than ever.