Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Hi yall

I have 2017 gt pp performance pack, 43k miles. im interested in doing the palm beach dyno stage 1 NA tune. Cold air intake and borla atak exhaust.

What kind of reasonable gains can i expect? Will it be worth it? Not looking into doing anything else to the car in terms of engine upgrades. I drive a decent amount and want reliablity + more power + more pops and crackles (f**k CA exhaust laws)

What do yall think?
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
If you are in cali you have high quality e85. Why not tune for that? Far more power, best bang for your buck. Though would need to check with PBD if they would tune for e without upgraded injectors on the pre 18 model.

OP
OP

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
If you are in cali you have high quality e85. Why not tune for that? Far more power, best bang for your buck. Though would need to check with PBD if they would tune for e without upgraded injectors on the pre 18 model.
I was thinking doing E85, but i think the availbility of 91 near me is just more practical. I do about 15k miles a year, and i think i prefer the flexibility of being able to fill up 91 is better. Also my driving is scattered. sometimes i stay at my place, parents place, girlfriends place (office is in the middle of them all) so e85 sounds like it would be out of my way.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking doing E85, but i think the availbility of 91 near me is just more practical. I do about 15k miles a year, and i think i prefer the flexibility of being able to fill up 91 is better. Also my driving is scattered. sometimes i stay at my place, parents place, girlfriends place (office is in the middle of them all) so e85 sounds like it would be out of my way.
Flex tuning would allow to change between 91 and e85 without changing your tune each time. But if you think you'll never be filling up with e then likely not optimal.

OP
OP

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Flex tuning would allow to change between 91 and e85 without changing your tune each time. But if you think you'll never be filling up with e then likely not optimal.
Yeah I could fill up e85 around my parents place, theres a few stations by them, but non by my girlfriends place so i rather just do 91 i think for now.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Hi yall

I have 2017 gt pp performance pack, 43k miles. im interested in doing the palm beach dyno stage 1 NA tune. Cold air intake and borla atak exhaust.

What kind of reasonable gains can i expect? Will it be worth it? Not looking into doing anything else to the car in terms of engine upgrades. I drive a decent amount and want reliablity + more power + more pops and crackles (f**k CA exhaust laws)

What do yall think?

Where in LA do you live, there is quite a few E85 stations here in Los Angeles. Also, in Cali we get the good E85.

OP
OP

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Where in LA do you live, there is quite a few E85 stations here in Los Angeles. Also, in Cali we get the good E85.
I live in woodland hills area ( san fernando valley, kinda calabasas ish) but am out in huntington beach a few times a week, office is also in the valley. Is there a good amount of e85 here? Ive only seen a few but i also dont pay attention that much too it.

is e85 worse on mpg?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I live in woodland hills area ( san fernando valley, kinda calabasas ish) but am out in huntington beach a few times a week, office is also in the valley. Is there a good amount of e85 here? Ive only seen a few but i also dont pay attention that much too it.

is e85 worse on mpg?
Mpg goes down but e85 is usually much cheaper so it evens out. It also runs way cooler and the power increase is significant.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Yeah I could fill up e85 around my parents place, theres a few stations by them, but non by my girlfriends place so i rather just do 91 i think for now.
Who's the better cook? That's where you need to fuel

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
If you are willing to do E85 when you'd like to take the car for some spirited driving, all of those mods and a tune will probably put you around a 40hp increase if not a tad bit more. Even if you just want to stick with 93, I would say all of that would definitely be worth it. It will be a noticeable difference for sure, not just in power, but overall feel of the car. If you have any questions or would like to see what kind of deal we can get you right now during our 4th of July Sale, hit me up, Ill be online all weekend to help out. Have a great 4th! https://www.lethalperformance.com

Sponsored
OP
OP

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
If you are willing to do E85 when you'd like to take the car for some spirited driving, all of those mods and a tune will probably put you around a 40hp increase if not a tad bit more. Even if you just want to stick with 93, I would say all of that would definitely be worth it. It will be a noticeable difference for sure, not just in power, but overall feel of the car. If you have any questions or would like to see what kind of deal we can get you right now during our 4th of July Sale, hit me up, Ill be online all weekend to help out. Have a great 4th! https://www.lethalperformance.com
unfortunatly there is no 93 around here, never seen it in cali tbh, only 91! might do a flex tune tho