Sponsored

What are you doing to clean your Alcantara steering wheels?

GuardEcoBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 16 Ecoboost
I just installed the GT350R steering wheel kit and I am looking for a product to keep it clean. Curious as to what others are using. I have found a Sonax alcantara cleaner and read some not so good reviews.
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I have been using sonax with good results for the past few months. My 350 wheel is nearly 3 years old but I have a lot of pilling. I bought a fabric shaver which has worked well. The material just is a pain to deal with after a few years.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
And remember defense is a good offense when it comes to cleaning. Had a Boss wheel in my 2011 as soon as it came out and had a GT350R wheel waiting for my 2016 before it even arrived.

I make sure I don't drive with dirty hands. Never have open food in any car since the '70s (not Alcantera related). Becomes second nature to wash hands before driving. Makes cleaning a once a year (if that) thing. May be easier said than done for some people due to work or lifestyle.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
I used Sonax too and found it to be great

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
For me it's a matter of taking a microfiber towel, put in hot water and softly clean your wheel every 2-3 weeks.
That way, it doesnt accumulate too much grime and you dont add chemicals to the alcantara. I had one in my '16 for couple of years and look like new. Now I have one in my '18 and I follow the same process...
Sponsored