What are you doing to clean your Alcantara steering wheels?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Upkeep - Covering, Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Repairing' started by GuardEcoBeast, Oct 11, 2018.

1. GuardEcoBeast

GuardEcoBeast Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Guard 16 Ecoboost
    0   0   0
    I just installed the GT350R steering wheel kit and I am looking for a product to keep it clean. Curious as to what others are using. I have found a Sonax alcantara cleaner and read some not so good reviews.

2. thehunterooo

thehunterooo Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT
    0   0   0
    I have been using sonax with good results for the past few months. My 350 wheel is nearly 3 years old but I have a lot of pilling. I bought a fabric shaver which has worked well. The material just is a pain to deal with after a few years.

3. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT Premium PP and a few others
    Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    And remember defense is a good offense when it comes to cleaning. Had a Boss wheel in my 2011 as soon as it came out and had a GT350R wheel waiting for my 2016 before it even arrived.

I make sure I don't drive with dirty hands. Never have open food in any car since the '70s (not Alcantera related). Becomes second nature to wash hands before driving. Makes cleaning a once a year (if that) thing. May be easier said than done for some people due to work or lifestyle.

GuardEcoBeast likes this.