Sponsored

"Were the back wheels coming around by themselves?" ...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
My wife hardly ever says anything about hard maneuvers as long as they aren't stacked one on top of the other where you get a lot of side to side head toss. From as long as she's been sitting right seat with me driving (later this month it'll have been 51 years since our first date), she knows what's coming when there's an on-ramp to be taken, or a black on yellow curve / squiggly arrow, or any of a few other situations. And that it won't much matter what car we're in.

She's been known to give people a run and cut some hard corners herself.

Norm
Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
51 years. That's awesome.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Mine claims car sickness but won't take her eyes off her iPhone.
Hear, hear! Go figure! Mine's sister gets car sick on flat ground and < 80.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
My wife hardly ever says anything about hard maneuvers as long as they aren't stacked one on top of the other where you get a lot of side to side head toss. From as long as she's been sitting right seat with me driving (later this month it'll have been 51 years since our first date), she knows what's coming when there's an on-ramp to be taken, or a black on yellow curve / squiggly arrow, or any of a few other situations. And that it won't much matter what car we're in.

She's been known to give people a run and cut some hard corners herself.

Norm
Same here. Mine was especially fond of engaging the warp drive on her 300C. The RAV has NO warp drive. :frown:

racrguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
We need a sticky for WSTDT (Women say the darndest things) Mustang edition. Sorry any lady mustang owners, I'm not talking about you. Mine asked me the other day after she attempted to shift from 5th to 3rd going 80mph, "How do I know what gear I'm in?" That was the end of her lesson for the day.
3rd Gear is good to about 105 in my 19 pp2, it’ll be fine. :)

Sponsored

2BullittS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt. 1968 Mustang Bullitt Restomod. 2018 Mustang GT 1989 Mustang GT Conv
The 2018 GT is so much less radical than my 89 GT her guard is down lol

MPotter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
We need a sticky for WSTDT (Women say the darndest things) Mustang edition. ....
In that vein, when I installed my Borla Cat-back she asked (after jumping) "Was that the sound you were GOING FOR?!?"

"Absolutely! Great ain't it?"

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
My wife is very tolerant for the most part. She doesn’t appreciate weaving in traffic which is stupid i agree, but what I don’t understand is her lack of appreciation for a good old burnout!
Best time with her in the car was on way home from dinner one night and we slowed to a role at a red light next to a 13 or 14 M3, we clearly killed the 2 teens driving by a car length to about a 100. She said...”did you just beat an M3? Wow I didn’t know your mustang could do that”
Made my day

ckaiser522

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Many years ago circa 1998/1999, while driving my 86 Fox on a rainy morning, had a girl tell me it gets a little squirmy when its wet. I responded with "so do you". Never been slapped so hard in my life up to that point. The stupid things we say when we are teenagers, my buddy in the back seat thought it was humorous.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Many years ago circa 1998/1999, while driving my 86 Fox on a rainy morning, had a girl tell me it gets a little squirmy when its wet. I responded with "so do you". Never been slapped so hard in my life up to that point. The stupid things we say when we are teenagers, my buddy in the back seat thought it was humorous.
Not all slaps are deserved. Beware homonyms. I once saw a teenage girl get mobbed with offers to show her when she muttered out-loud (after seeing a bald man the boys in the group never noticed) "I wonder what its like to be bald?" When she realized her faux pas, even her fire-engine red face did not prevent her delivering some well placed but only slightly deserved slaps.
Sponsored