Sponsored

Weird HVAC Issue. NOT Evaporator.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
The vents are stuck *mostly* in defrost mode. A little air comes out of the dash, and underneath. Setting to dash vents or under dash vents does nothing - it has zero effect. The proper button lights up, but nothing happens. Air is still heated and/or cooled appropriately, so AC and Heater are working fine. It's just the vents that are stuck somehow.

I tried replacing the fuse for the climate control system, the 7.5A one in the footwell on the passenger's side. No effect. I've read some things about Mustangs of previous generations having blend door actuator failures that can cause this problem, but I can find no documentation on where these are located in S550 Mustangs, or even if that is likely to be the issue I'm having.

Anyone else have this problem and solve it? Any thoughts?

Car in sig. 2015 GT base model.
Sponsored

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
Does the Mustang use vacuum at all for hvac? From like 1990-2015 Ford had tons of vacuum line issues. Yours sounds like an old vacuum problem.

OP
OP
15wile

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Does the Mustang use vacuum at all for hvac? From like 1990-2015 Ford had tons of vacuum line issues. Yours sounds like an old vacuum problem.
I don't think so? But I don't know for sure. Certainly I don't see a mess of vacuum hoses everywhere.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
I didn't think so. Have you changed the cabin air filter lately? Sometimes stuff gets caught in there and you can see around inside towards the blend door and see if anything is hung up.

OP
OP
15wile

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I didn't think so. Have you changed the cabin air filter lately? Sometimes stuff gets caught in there and you can see around inside towards the blend door and see if anything is hung up.
I replaced the cabin air filter something like a year ago, and it had no problems. But can't hurt to check it again, I suppose.

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
The system on our Mustangs is totally operated by electric actuators without a vacuum line in sight! Sounds like the problem could be your air distribution actuator...........
Sponsored