Sponsored

Wax for ease of use?

RemoteSenses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 RR
I bought Meguiar's G18216 Ultimate Liquid Wax.

Problem I'm running into is the day after waxing, my car becomes covered in a yellow dust - I'm assuming wax residue.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Seems like I'm getting all of the wax wiped off, as I'm usually sweating my ass off trying to wax it all, only to be disappointed the next day when I see the car covered in this dust.

Any recommendations? I'm doing it all by hand and have looked into buying the electrics buffers but don't really know much about it.

Any spray waxes worth using that might be easier? Or just anything that won't leave a residue and can be done by hand.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I bought Meguiar's G18216 Ultimate Liquid Wax.

Problem I'm running into is the day after waxing, my car becomes covered in a yellow dust - I'm assuming wax residue.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Seems like I'm getting all of the wax wiped off, as I'm usually sweating my ass off trying to wax it all, only to be disappointed the next day when I see the car covered in this dust.

Any recommendations? I'm doing it all by hand and have looked into buying the electrics buffers but don't really know much about it.

Any spray waxes worth using that might be easier? Or just anything that won't leave a residue and can be done by hand.
How do you apply the wax ? That's the one I am using, apply thin layer using foam applicator and after 3-5 minutes wipe it off (buff out sort of) with microfiber cloth - even though it's liquid, it's still quite a bit of work. No residue, works fine.

Spray waxes are really only meant to be used between waxing with real wax. They're definitely easier to wipe off but it's effects (with no real wax underneath) are much weaker.

OP
OP
RemoteSenses

RemoteSenses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 RR
How do you apply the wax ? That's the one I am using, apply thin layer using foam applicator and after 3-5 minutes wipe it off (buff out sort of) with microfiber cloth - even though it's liquid, it's still quite a bit of work. No residue, works fine.

Spray waxes are really only meant to be used between waxing with real wax. They're definitely easier to wipe off but it's effects (with no real wax underneath) are much weaker.
That's exactly what I'm doing. I've used it twice, same residue both times. Second time, tried using less wax and same problem.

I've even used it in the evening when the sun is pretty much down - same issue.

Not sure what to do other than try another wax.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I recommend Ponnacle Souveran if you can swing it, on a red car you will be amazed how good it looks.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
That's exactly what I'm doing. I've used it twice, same residue both times. Second time, tried using less wax and same problem.

I've even used it in the evening when the sun is pretty much down - same issue.

Not sure what to do other than try another wax.
And you sure it's not the pollen from the trees but a wax residue ? Wax that hasn't been wiped off is typically white.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RemoteSenses

RemoteSenses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 RR
I recommend Ponnacle Souveran if you can swing it, on a red car you will be amazed how good it looks.
Dang, $90 on Amazon. I'll consider it but that is some coin.

OP
OP
RemoteSenses

RemoteSenses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 RR
And you sure it's not the pollen from the trees but a wax residue ? Wax that hasn't been wiped off is typically white.
Ha, I honestly didn't think of at. I didn't noticed it on our other cars, but maybe it's just the awesome paint job on the Mustang that allows me to realize it more.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Ha I hear ha man, it's pricey but the best shit I've ever used and I just did for the first time last weekend.

The can is going to last forever too, and use a sealer before wax if you can as well it helps greatly.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
what sealer did you use clink?

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Chemical Guys Jet Seal from Amazon, like $40 I think. It was harder to get off than the Pinnacle wax but was worth it, I took my time and did the wash, clay, seal one day and wax the next.

Sponsored

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Collonite 845. Goes on easy, comes off easy. Doesn't stain the plastic trim. Lasts a long time.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Pinnacle paste wax fan here. I was skeptical and also concerned about the price. But this stuff makes a red car pop. It's like butter. Easy on, easy off. And a little goes a long way, so while it's pricey, I think it might turn out to be cost effective.

Here's a link to a couple of pics I posted a week or so after I got a good coat of Pinnacle paste wax applied.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23912

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I use Gold Class Carnauba Plus Liquid Wax once every 3 months and between washes I use Gold Class Premium Quik Detailer works great. Does not leave anything behind and goes on easy and comes of even easier. Really love the shine on my black car. The paste wax is like $15 and spray Detailer is like $10.

Here is my car after waxing it for first time. Cell phone pics.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
I use Gold Class Carnauba Plus Liquid Wax once every 3 months and between washes I use Gold Class Premium Quik Detailer works great. Does not leave anything behind and goes on easy and comes of even easier. Really love the shine on my black car. The paste wax is like $15 and spray Detailer is like $10.

Here is my car after waxing it for first time. Cell phone pics.

Nice. Every time I see a clean, black Mustang all waxed up, I have a twinge of color choice regret. Beautiful car. :cheers:
Sponsored