Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't that come with it? Several of the reviews I watched all showed it as standard but then none of them were from Aust so I guess it's a case of us getting screwed again.
Comes with a wall plug and car charger but no docking bracket.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Car washing is an almost obsessive, scratch that, positively obsessive hobby that I get a great deal of pleasure from. You could almost say I wash them more than drive them. I find the whole process incredibly cathartic and a great way of taking my mind off “things”. Now I’m sure everyone knows how to wash a car properly and likewise every “car guy” will have their own process. But one of the best things about forums is what we can learn from others. My wash process evolves all the time, taking other people’s recommendations and tips and adapting them to suit. So here is what I (perhaps all too often) consider to be my regular wash process.

Now I must say I’m a bit of a car care product slut. This is what I’m using now for regular washes but, like the whole process, I like trying new products and hence have a cupboard full of half empty bottles.

DSC_0079.jpg

I start with wheels, using a separate bucket and sponge set. They take the longest and I don’t want a wet car drying and leaving water marks in the meantime. I have never been a massive fan of wheel cleaner products. I hate the smell of them and even the “non-acid” versions leave me nervous of what damage them may cause. I only use them if absolutely necessary. These “Wheel Woolies” are absolute must for Mustang GT wheels. I even use them to clean the wheel arches (I hate dirty arches and let a clean car down if forgotten about) and exhaust tips.

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

I have only recently discovered the perks of pre-soak snow foam. This stuff works really well, helping to remove as much grime as possible before the actual sponge wash, in this case a microfiber mitt.

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

Once washed and (well) rinsed I use a combination of a waffle weave micro microfiber and this thick “Tempest Junior” microfiber drying towel, using a quick detailer as I dry each panel. This is another step that I have taken from forum members and surprisingly helps dry the car better whilst leaving a nice shiny finish.

DSC_0094.jpg

I then move onto drying the sills with a quick detailer in hand. This keeps the sills and door jams nice and clean and prevents the build-up of dust over time.

DSC_0097.jpg

A quick spritz of quick detailer and a microfiber for nice shiny wheels and to prevent spotting. Then some tyre shine with a square of off-cut foam.

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

A wipe of this for fresh looking sill extensions and splitters.

DSC_0096.jpg

I have found this to be one of the better window products, used with two microfibers. (I hate cleaning windows and tend to leave it last.)

DSC_0106.jpg

All done! :ford: Washing the Mustang is incredibly rewarding. All up it usually takes me about 1 to 1.5 hours, but can be even longer if I have the time. Again, I almost treat the process as therapy.

DSC_0110.jpg

This is by no means a be all and end all and I’m sure there are things that others would do differently. But as I said we learn from others and I hope that this post is of value, in the same way that I have gotten better by reading other people’s methods and tips.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Car washing is an almost obsessive, scratch that, positively obsessive hobby that I get a great deal of pleasure from. You could almost say I wash them more than drive them. I find the whole process incredibly cathartic and a great way of taking my mind off “things”. Now I’m sure everyone knows how to wash a car properly and likewise every “car guy” will have their own process. But one of the best things about forums is what we can learn from others. My wash process evolves all the time, taking other people’s recommendations and tips and adapting them to suit. So here is what I (perhaps all too often) consider to be my regular wash process.

Now I must say I’m a bit of a car care product slut. This is what I’m using now for regular washes but, like the whole process, I like trying new products and hence have a cupboard full of half empty bottles.

I start with wheels, using a separate bucket and sponge set. They take the longest and I don’t want a wet car drying and leaving water marks in the meantime. I have never been a massive fan of wheel cleaner products. I hate the smell of them and even the “non-acid” versions leave me nervous of what damage them may cause. I only use them if absolutely necessary. These “Wheel Woolies” are absolute must for Mustang GT wheels. I even use them to clean the wheel arches (I hate dirty arches and let a clean car down if forgotten about) and exhaust tips.

I have only recently discovered the perks of pre-soak snow foam. This stuff works really well, helping to remove as much grime as possible before the actual sponge wash, in this case a microfiber mitt.

Once washed and (well) rinsed I use a combination of a waffle weave micro microfiber and this thick “Tempest Junior” microfiber drying towel, using a quick detailer as I dry each panel. This is another step that I have taken from forum members and surprisingly helps dry the car better whilst leaving a nice shiny finish.

I then move onto drying the sills with a quick detailer in hand. This keeps the sills and door jams nice and clean and prevents the build-up of dust over time.

A quick spritz of quick detailer and a microfiber for nice shiny wheels and to prevent spotting. Then some tyre shine with a square of off-cut foam.

A wipe of this for fresh looking sill extensions and splitters.

I have found this to be one of the better window products, used with two microfibers. (I hate cleaning windows and tend to leave it last.)

All done! :ford: Washing the Mustang is incredibly rewarding. All up it usually takes me about 1 to 1.5 hours, but can be even longer if I have the time. Again, I almost treat the process as therapy.

This is by no means a be all and end all and I’m sure there are things that others would do differently. But as I said we learn from others and I hope that this post is of value, in the same way that I have gotten better by reading other people’s methods and tips.
Pretty much me all over !! DAMM theses forums!!!

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
^^^^ I have a fairly similar regime.

Didn't know that 303 could be used on windows; I usually just use a wet cloth and then dry it off. I'll give that a try a next time.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
^^^^ I have a fairly similar regime.

Didn't know that 303 could be used on windows; I usually just use a wet cloth and then dry it off. I'll give that a try a next time.
Certainly don't use the 303 on windows, captions are on top for each image. Sorry for the confusion:doh:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I do pretty much the same (wheels are done last) but it almost always ends up being three hours from start to finish.

Must be something to do with my creaking back.

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Mainly use Bowdens, but good to hear other guys.
Use three bucket method.
Happy to wash my car - makes me appreciate the design and lines and beauty.

Is there a snow foam agent that will attach to a domestic hose - don't have access, provision, power or storage for my Gerni.
Sponsored