Sponsored

Warranty Buy-back program?

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Post a new thread with the leak issue and maybe we can help solve the issue.

Hint: It might not be the door that is leaking.
Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I've tried that but they tell me they cannot figure out the leak, and they can't replicate it. The carpets are soaked every time it rains, and I think it's coming from under the dash. Last time they just replaced the window seal. Its pissing me off, but the factory warranty runs out soon and if its going to keep happening, I want a replacement if I can swing it. It would be way easier if they could just be better at repairing it though. Last time they couldn't even bring the car around to me because the tech can't drive a manual, so who knows what kind of shop they are running.
If they can't find the leak in the door, maybe it isn't the door that is flawed... Bad seal somewhere. Either way these cars aren't supposed to do that and it's definitely something to complain about. Maybe it's time to complain to Ford directly?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just fully open the right side door, and look at the gap between the door and the front fender with a flashlight. I bet one of the stickers is folded up at the top, allowing water to get into the interior and the carpet. It's literally a $0.25 fix. Somebody else already mentioned it, but OP didn't listen to him. Good luck. By the way, the top sticker was folded up on my new 2019 Bullitt, and this reminds me I need to fix it, since it's like 2mm from allowing water in too.

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Those leaks are hard to find. Suggest to the dealer to splash water onto the car with a garden hose onto isolated sections while someone is sitting in the car an observing when water is coming through. Also mention that they need to close the windows as well (who knows which shop they are running when the tech can't drive manual). They need to protect other sections from water first to identify the problematic section. A shop here is doing it like this as a general solution. Sounds easy and it obviously works but sometimes you will not see it immediately when the water needs a longer time to come though and you need patience. They had leaky Ford Fiestas and Focus (Foci?) who had bad solder joints under the back hatch which had to be sealed properly.
Sponsored