VMS vs JMS?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by TheExxit, Jun 29, 2020.

1. TheExxit

TheExxit Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT Premium
    0   0   0
    Looking to get a rear wheel/tire setup to play around on at bone stock with a lund corn tune power.

It's pretty much where I am going to sit while I get together the parts to go TT.

I've landed on either the JMS black cut style or VMS rears to go with the stock 18x8 GT non PP wheels.

Any reason to go with one vs the other outside of asthetics? Any reason to avoid both because they'll fail at stock power or at speeds of say 120mph?

The car is a 19 GT prem with the 18x8 wheel all around, according to JEGs both of these should fit but JMS seems to not have updated their info anywhere.

Any suggestions or anecdotes are appreciated

2. 15GTPP

15GTPP Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    I just bought a set of Vms rear wheels since they claimed to have only a limited amount in stock. For me it was a tough choice between these and the race stars but I haven’t seen the Vms wheels locally so that’s why I chose them. I should receive them early next week. Hopefully someone can answer your questions as I am also interested.

3. OP
    OP
    TheExxit

TheExxit Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT Premium
    0   0   0
    I had a buddy of mine lose his shit over me wanted to go "over 150 on cheap ass china wheels"

I figured there would be anecdotes of failure if there is such a bad rep out there for these. I honestly think he hasn't heard of them but assumes from the price that they must be lackin' lol

It's pretty much either I get rear welds and tires and wait a few months as my fiscal behind recovers (or the economy implodes), or I get a set of JMS/VMS wheels and tires, plus a lund e85r tune.