Sponsored

VMP Stage 3 Review

tamadrummer1120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT
My inital review of my VMP Stage 3 Supercharger kit.

Staff/ordering/customer service:
Pretty much the entire time during my order I dealt with Shane from VMP. Could not be happier with his professionalism and customer service. I had a massive list of questions prior to ordering and he answered them all and really made me feel confident in the product. I will say there was a small shipping hiccup in regards to my heat exchanger, but VMP got it all sorted out for me. Also, the S550 has a different IAT sensor that mounts on the lower intake plenum, so the original sensor has to come out that Roush installs from their factory. Be careful, it is entirely plastic and can shear off because of the sealant they use. I ended up slowly burning the sensor out with a butane torch. Shane mentioned unfortunately the sensor breaking off is kind of common.

Overall Install:
Probably one of the only downsides to the VMP S550 install is they do not have full instructions written just yet. You have to use the S197 instructions in tandem with the Roush S550 instructions and a small list of S550 differences they tell you about up front. Having said that, if you are mechanically inclined in some nature, you can work through it no problem. Install when very well. All of the parts bolted right up without any fuss. Some minor cutting you do have to do for the heat exchanger and the pulley bracket (same as roush), but its not a huge deal.

First Impression/Tune:
It fired up first crank for me with absolutely zero issues. If you take your time with the install and don't rush it you will have the same end result. Had my buddy riding with me monitor AFR's on first drive and everything looked awesome for the inital basemap. Going to do some datalogs and have VMP fine tune it.

If any S550 owners are going to do the install feel free to PM me and I can walk you through some tricks to help save you time or the differences with the S197 instructions and S550.
Sponsored