Sponsored

VMP or LaMotta Performance for Install and Tuning?

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
I am new to the forum after a year of gleaning some great information from forum members, thank you!
I am in the Central Florida area and wondering if anyone has used VMP or LaMotta Performance for mods and tuning on their 18+ Mustang GT, and if so what was your experience with either as I am considering a long tube header install and tune and would rather deal with a local reputable performance shop?
Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Lamotta Performance is my go to shop. Jake did all the mods to my 2007 GT500 and used to do all the maintance on my 2016 GT350 and 2019 GT350R. Only shop I will do business with.

OP
OP
GrayMater22

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
Thank you for the reply, that was the direction I was leaning. They did a rear gear and tune on my 01 GT back in the day and had no issues. I have heard about some negative experience’s with VMP.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the reply, that was the direction I was leaning. They did a rear gear and tune on my 01 GT back in the day and had no issues. I have heard about some negative experience’s with VMP.
In my experience, people love Jake (Lamotta) and hate Justin (VMP) ( I am one of them), Others love Justin and hate Jake.

Spacexguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and f150
Jake has been around for a very long time and has done legitimate work for many many years. For me, so far back is when it was his shop vs Lugo's. Lol

Sponsored

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Forget those. You need to see the folks at Parker Performance in New Port Richy. They are the best in the business and have better pricing than those other shops. They did both my LTHs and my Whipple kit.

OP
OP
GrayMater22

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
Forget those. You need to see the folks at Parker Performance in New Port Richy. They are the best in the business and have better pricing than those other shops. They did both my LTHs and my Whipple kit.
Thanks for the response, but looking for local shops in Central FL.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Jake has been around for a very long time and has done legitimate work for many many years. For me, so far back is when it was his shop vs Lugo's. Lol
Jake sold the shop? Had not been there for 3 yrs.

Spacexguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and f150
Jake sold the shop? Had not been there for 3 yrs.
I don't think he sold out, just moved perhaps? He still has his shop in Longwood and not sure if that was shop location from back in 2000-04 time frame?

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think he sold out, just moved perhaps? He still has his shop in Longwood and not sure if that was shop location from back in 2000-04 time frame?
Yes sir, he has been in Longwood as long as I know. But I moved out of Central Fl 3 yrs ago and have not spoken to Jake since.

Was considering trailering my GT500 to him for Whipple maintenance and fluid changes.

Guess I need to call and see if he is still there.

Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
They aren’t far. Maybe an hour and a half.
Also depends on where the OP is in Central Fl. Parker is great for the west coast Fl people. Have know Parker before he started his shop. Does great work.
Sponsored