Sponsored

Video: Nxt Step Axle Back (not Flowmaster)

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Hey - anyone have the FM Outlaw Axle back and can comment on real sound? Youtube clips vary all over the place, from a deeper stock sound with no drone to wake the neighbors and horrible drone. I'm extremely interested to hear what the stock system (cat, resonator etc.) sounds like by replacing the mufflers with this axle back. Thanks all :)
Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Hey - anyone have the FM Outlaw Axle back and can comment on real sound? Youtube clips vary all over the place, from a deeper stock sound with no drone to wake the neighbors and horrible drone. I'm extremely interested to hear what the stock system (cat, resonator etc.) sounds like by replacing the mufflers with this axle back. Thanks all :)
I noticed that also. Some videos i thought it sounded great but others horrible. In the end i went with mbrp race as the videos were the most consistent and don't regret it. I would have liked to heard the flowmaster in person though.

OP
OP
Reddirocket27

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, in this case, the convertible bracing underneath makes a full catback a bit harder. I don't mind cutting and clamping, but I do wish I had an honest review.

OP
OP
Reddirocket27

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Update: bought the Nxt Step Performance kit. $100 less and seems to have car less raspy popping etc. No need to wake the neighbors lol

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have the exact FM Outlaw exhaust, but not installed... I know that does not help with an actual review you were seeking...

However, the reason I did buy it was because of the main stickied exhaust thread on here with some M6G Members who did have it. Plus, the M6G Member I bought mine from - was because I heard it on his EB in person. In person it sounds way better than the posted vids online (anywhere). It actually has a deep tone, almost eerily reminiscent of the old 85/86 SVO with the dual exhaust, crossed with a mild like 86-95 5.0 burble. It did not sound “raspy” or like a euro/Asian “buzzing fart can”...

I originally purchased the Airaid CAI off of the M6G Member but wasn’t even ready to buy any exhaust at all. When I went to meet him to buy the CAI, when he pulled up, his S550 sounded really, really good. He said it had the FM Outlaw installed. He then told me he would be removing it for sale, because he was selling the car. So after hearing it in person at idle AND a few passes he did, I had to have it. A month or so later he notified me he had removed it and I bought it.

So why isn’t it installed - well, it was for my prior 2016. After I bought the Airaid CAI and exhaust, my 2016 was having multiple warranty issues and eventually went through a Ford Buy Back. When I got the 2018 as the Ford replacement, I just never got around to installing - so they’re still sitting (along with brand new BMR suspension parts). LOL...

Sponsored

bergdon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Update: bought the Nxt Step Performance kit. $100 less and seems to have car less raspy popping etc. No need to wake the neighbors lol
How's the sound of your new exhaust?

OP
OP
Reddirocket27

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
How's the sound of your new exhaust?
Honestly? The Nxt Step is perfect. Nice deep growl at tip-in and silent (no drone) at speed. Really nice addition. Plus, more turbo sound! Highly recommended.

IMG_2021-01-18_11-16-55.JPG

avidec3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Avinash
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost fastback
Can you please upload a video, I want how NXT step sounds. I bought a used 2019 with muffler delete and I am looking for axle back options, and want to retain stock cat and resonator.

Honestly? The Nxt Step is perfect. Nice deep growl at tip-in and silent (no drone) at speed. Really nice addition. Plus, more turbo sound! Highly recommended.

OP
OP
Reddirocket27

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Can you please upload a video, I want how NXT step sounds. I bought a used 2019 with muffler delete and I am looking for axle back options, and want to retain stock cat and resonator.
I'll try to get some clips Friday (my next day off). I'm stock exhaust, including resonator etc, exhaust the mufflers. It's incredible how well they sound for $350 shipped.

Bigstang16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red EB
I also was debating between Flowmaster Outlaws and the NXT-Step axel back.. I went ahead purchased the NXT-Step and will be arriving soon. Can't wait to have them installed and hear them in person. The few clips on YT sound pretty nice.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Reddirocket27

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I also was debating between Flowmaster Outlaws and the NXT-Step axel back.. I went ahead purchased the NXT-Step and will be arriving soon. Can't wait to have them installed and hear them in person. The few clips on YT sound pretty nice.
Good call. The flowmaster a have a LOT of rasp and it sounds like a Honda. I've also heard them in person and there's a ton of drone at 65 mph.

bergdon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang

Nice. Looking forward to seeing the video clip.

OP
OP
Reddirocket27

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Here's a cold start comparison from the first day I installed. Of course cell phone quality is trash so I had to pull it back a bit. Much deeper (cold start is boomy) but settles down nicely. Could pass for an oem "sport" exhaust. I'll get some rev's tomorrow. Cold Start comparison

avidec3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Avinash
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost fastback
That sounds good 😄.. thanks for uploading.

Here's a cold start comparison from the first day I installed. Of course cell phone quality is trash so I had to pull it back a bit. Much deeper (cold start is boomy) but settles down nicely. Could pass for an oem "sport" exhaust. I'll get some rev's tomorrow. Cold Start comparison

OP
OP
Reddirocket27

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
*CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH: THE PHONE IS AT LEAST TWO OCTAVES HIGHER THAN REALITY - MUCH DEEPER IN PERSON*
Another cold (18°) start:
And a quick rev or two so as not to wake the neighbors:
Sponsored