Vibe GT7-R Wheels DELIVERED

• Thread starter Deleted member 37397
  • Start date
  • Watchers 13
OP
OP

Deleted member 37397

They look great! And nice garage man.

I'm dreading soon, with barely any miles on my 19 due to a late delivery, dealing with the winter storage of my non R with it's SC2's on the car. Seems to be no good options without different wheel sizing & related costs & logistics.
I wonder what others in similar shoes are doing.
Thank you, my plan is to put the stock wheels back on for winter, and if I need to take it to the dealer for any reason I’m throwing the stock wheels back on as well.
Sponsored

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
Beautiful wheel. Couldn't find it on the web page. How much do they weigh? Do they feel similar to the OEM wheels and tires when you pick them up?

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
If there was time I'd love to make up a rolling dolly to get wheels up & off for warmer storage and that breaks down during driving seasons. Jack stands seem too risky given where mine is to be stored and wheels & tires that can tolerate freezing are expensive for what they are needed for. Tough 1st world problem I know but its been a lot of cash burned for what has been so little use this year with a ridiculously late build cycle.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Thank you, my plan is to put the stock wheels back on for winter, and if I need to take it to the dealer for any reason I’m throwing the stock wheels back on as well.
Hope to hear your update on how the new ones feel/drive soon (before the cold weather dashes our fun - I hear already a low of 37 here for tomorrow night - waaay too soon!)

Sponsored

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
They look great! And nice garage man.

I'm dreading soon, with barely any miles on my 19 due to a late delivery, dealing with the winter storage of my non R with it's SC2's on the car. Seems to be no good options without different wheel sizing & related costs & logistics.
I wonder what others in similar shoes are doing.
I'm probably going to put mine up on a quickjack and take the wheels and tires off to store inside. Probably block off the suspension so its not at full sag all winter.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Yes, Scoobs - I thought of the same thing - I even visualized making a carrier for the quick jacks out of 2" sq stock that can be rolled....but then I realized there's no time for more projects. Anyway have been on watch for QuickJack deals @ Costco but they're not happening now.

So I like you plan - will see if that fits with my buddy's storage needs - he might have even suggested the same last month. I'll be nested between 3 60's era vetts. I'm at least a year off from a garage construction assuming plans & permits happen....so making due with a little generous help from my friends.

OP
OP

Deleted member 37397

OP
OP

Deleted member 37397

Yes, Scoobs - I thought of the same thing - I even visualized making a carrier for the quick jacks out of 2" sq stock that can be rolled....but then I realized there's no time for more projects. Anyway have been on watch for QuickJack deals @ Costco but they're not happening now.

So I like you plan - will see if that fits with my buddy's storage needs - he might have even suggested the same last month. I'll be nested between 3 60's era vetts. I'm at least a year off from a garage construction assuming plans & permits happen....so making due with a little generous help from my friends.
I just got the Costco deal last week, haven’t had time to open the box yet but $899 couldn’t pass that up

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I just got the Costco deal last week, haven’t had time to open the box yet but $899 couldn’t pass that up
Did it expire? Damn...I might have been looking at this months coupon book.

Sponsored

99superduty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350, 2018 GT350 J2561
Are these on their website somewhere and I’m just missing them? I don’t even see the GT350 as an option.....

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

Deleted member 37397

Hope to hear your update on how the new ones feel/drive soon (before the cold weather dashes our fun - I hear already a low of 37 here for tomorrow night - waaay too soon!)
Took the car out for a ride today, stopped for gas and an old guy loved the car and couldn’t believe the size of the tires haha. Anyways, the car rides great, it does feel a bit more nimble, temps were about 65 degrees and heavy traffic so I didn’t get to really play around much. Anyone know how I can change my speedometer? It’s a few miles off from my Waze gps. I only have a Mac computer and I’m admittedly ignorant on using forescan.
Sponsored