Sponsored

Very quick question hen putting new mustang in reverse

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Hi guys since day one when putting my mustang in reverse with the automatic it makes like a metallic popping sound. I can hear it each time sounds sort of like a disengaging clank sound Im not so used to these cars is this common when putting in drive or reverse.

Any afvice!

thanks,
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Normal.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Check out this thread. If it happens constantly when shifting from D to R or R to D, it could be your output flange. There are a couple of videos in there (one on page 9). And members (including me) who had the issue and got it fixed. There is a copy of someone's work order in there too. Good luck. :cheers:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21016

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Where is this thread

Im reading ford is telling people that the clunk noise is normal and its just the gears engaging. Do other auto owners hear this too.
Sounds almost identicle to this Fast forward to 33 seconds. Thats exactly what I hear

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]qSucf3OBdwk[/MEDIA]"]

Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Where is this thread

Im reading ford is telling people that the clunk noise is normal and its just the gears engaging. Do other auto owners hear this too.
Sounds almost identicle to this Fast forward to 33 seconds. Thats exactly what I hear

All I hear is you banging the lever back and forth and the transmission trying to keep up.

I'm on laptop speakers so I could be missing it but maybe make the video without shifting the lever back and forth so fast?

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
To me any clunking in a transmission when going into gear just isn't normal operation no matter what Ford says. Mine doesn't do it, so if we go with Ford's idea that the clunk is normal mine would be considered as having a problem. I would take it to the dealer, and have a come to Jesus meeting. IMHO

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Where is this thread

Sorry about that :headbonk: I updated my post with the thread. That does sound like that issue.
Sponsored