Sponsored

Velocity blue

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
Looks great, but my last two S550's have been Grabber Blue, so time for a change on the MY19. Can't wait to see one in the metal though, looks different in the all the photos I have seen so far.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
its got quite a strong flip in it when its in dark it looks almost pastel but when its in the light its really sparkly / metallic much much lighter than lighting blue but darker than grabber its a lovely colour and cameras really don't do it justice

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I did think about getting this colour but decided against it, looks good though

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Yes that blue looks great. Shame about the alloys though

Sponsored

Little John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Seat Leon
Thanks Hinch. I've been trying to make up my mind between Velocity Blue, Kona Blue and Magnetic. None of the colours seem to show up well in photographs. I've seen pictures of Kona Blue where it really pops and has the purplish tinge, but I've also seen pictures where it looks sooooo boring. I've been a bit worried that the Velocity Blue might be a bit flat as well (and as for the rendering on the configurator...). Velocity Blue is probably in the lead at he moment but I've got plenty of time to change my mind. Current plan is to order early December with a view to delivery next summer. Might try and make it down to the Howden meet in October or November to chat with some real owners and make a general pain of myself!

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
tbh you're not far away if you can't find a velocity near by i'd recommend popping down to lookers in sheffield on saville street its the only 18 they've got in stock.

Little John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Seat Leon
tbh you're not far away if you can't find a velocity near by i'd recommend popping down to lookers in sheffield on saville street its the only 18 they've got in stock.
I think you may have underestimated the size of the great republic of North Yorkshire :crackup:

Sponsored

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
Thanks Hinch. I've been trying to make up my mind between Velocity Blue, Kona Blue and Magnetic. None of the colours seem to show up well in photographs. I've seen pictures of Kona Blue where it really pops and has the purplish tinge, but I've also seen pictures where it looks sooooo boring. I've been a bit worried that the Velocity Blue might be a bit flat as well (and as for the rendering on the configurator...). Velocity Blue is probably in the lead at he moment but I've got plenty of time to change my mind. Current plan is to order early December with a view to delivery next summer. Might try and make it down to the Howden meet in October or November to chat with some real owners and make a general pain of myself!
The guys from the Northern Pony Club (facebook group) regularly come down to Howden, in fact we had 4 Mustangs there last weekend. I'm sure they wouldn't mind you joining one of their convoys down to Howden.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Stopped at Ford dealer just to see it. Its a beautiful color. BASF (R-M) lists it as a pearl metallic. As usual, pointless to internet search it. Cameras are so different and cars are mis-identified.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
its got quite a strong flip in it when its in dark it looks almost pastel but when its in the light its really sparkly / metallic much much lighter than lighting blue but darker than grabber its a lovely colour and cameras really don't do it justice
None of the pictures capture the effect of the pearl. It has 3 separate pearls in the mix. I'm having Velocity Blue stripes painted on my OW.

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
None of the pictures capture the effect of the pearl. It has 3 separate pearls in the mix. I'm having Velocity Blue stripes painted on my OW.
yep its impossible to get a good looking picture of it which i think will hurt sales because all the pictures don't look as good as it really is and not every dealer will have one in that colour on the floor.
If the facelift didn't look like a gormless catfish I'd definitely consider one based on that colour alone but alas even an amazing colour can't make up for something that looks that bad :)
Sponsored