Grabber blue

JasonB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Hi all, does anyone know of a dealer that is getting a Grabber blue mustang in?

I have about 6 weeks to make a final decision on colour and I am torn.

Sometimes it looks really nice and other times it looks like a baby blue, for want of a better description.

I also like Lightning blue and Magnetic with black stripes (not the Ford ones).

JB
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION] maybe able to describe the colour as I think he's seen in in person!

Sponsored

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Hi all, does anyone know of a dealer that is getting a Grabber blue mustang in?

I have about 6 weeks to make a final decision on colour and I am torn.

Sometimes it looks really nice and other times it looks like a baby blue, for want of a better description.

I also like Lightning blue and Magnetic with black stripes (not the Ford ones).

JB
I have ordered Magnetic and have it already booked in for aftermarket stripes. However I spent an age over something bright or something stealth (my ultimate aim with mine) - Grabber blue is one colour I think I would have perhaps swayed me. But now I have in my mind what I want i am happy. Go Grabber blue, hell make a statement.

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
I had this dilemma and finally went f**k it and ordered the grabber blue.

blue1.jpg

qvoeabje2gzuod4cfn2j.jpg

OP
OP
JasonB

JasonB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I had this dilemma and finally went f**k it and ordered the grabber blue.

blue1.jpg

qvoeabje2gzuod4cfn2j.jpg
These pictures prove my point. It looks so different in the two pictures, although it does not look such a light blue as I've seen.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
These pictures prove my point. It looks so different in the two pictures, although it does not look such a light blue as I've seen.
AS with most pictures of the stang, it'll look different in different lights with different camera's.

My phone in the sun makes my RR look CO, It can make CO's in the dark look like CO's, whereas others will look RR.

All the colours seem to be ahem 'Bipolar' on camera and flit between multiple looks, best way to see, is to see it in the flesh.

It would help if ford did 'sample size' of the paint, on a plastic shell, much like what Rari, Lambo, McLaren etc do, so you can see how it looks in shadows etc. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Problem with Grabber blue it is like an in your face colour, a bit like the green and orange on the last gen Focus RS. Such colours work on loud styled cars like the GT350, 911 GT3 and old Focus RS.

Unfortunately they only work on a Mustang if you style the rest of the car to match, if your going loud in colour you also need big splitters, big wings, stripes etc. just like a GT 350 and then it looks great, otherwise not so much.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Grabber Blue would be my default if I was to order today. For me, it's a proper "Mustang" colour. It was introduced on the '69 Shelbys and then across the range for the '70 models and then lasted a few years. This was the era of "high impact" colours. Ford had their Grabber (Blue/Green/Orange).......Chevy had their "Hugger" versions of the same. Chrysler had brilliant names, some of which have made a comeback such as Plum Crazy, Sub Lime and Go Mango :)

Like most colours, it does change under varying lighting conditions. Maybe I'm blind-sided by it's historical connotations, but it never looks like a "baby blue" to me.

However, like all of these high impact colours, for me, they look much better with some black accents (roof/stripes/wheels etc).

Take a look at this restomod '69. Stunning :cool:

ac51519d48509c470dc517ebb6a95c08.jpg

I'd take something like this :D

grabber.jpg

OP
OP
JasonB

JasonB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue would be my default if I was to order today. For me, it's a proper "Mustang" colour. It was introduced on the '69 Shelbys and then across the range for the '70 models and then lasted a few years. This was the era of "high impact" colours. Ford had their Grabber (Blue/Green/Orange).......Chevy had their "Hugger" versions of the same. Chrysler had brilliant names, some of which have made a comeback such as Plum Crazy, Sub Lime and Go Mango :)

Like most colours, it does change under varying lighting conditions. Maybe I'm blind-sided by it's historical connotations, but it never looks like a "baby blue" to me.

However, like all of these high impact colours, for me, they look much better with some black accents (roof/stripes/wheels etc).

Take a look at this restomod '69. Stunning :cool:

ac51519d48509c470dc517ebb6a95c08.jpg

I'd take something like this :D

grabber.jpg
I agree completely on the black accents. I think it's a must, that '69 looks drop dead gorgeous but that 550 looks really good too.