aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Looking for some advice.

A local is trying to swap his Velgen vmb9s (staggered and wrapped in Nitto 555s w/"decent tread") for PP wheels and $600.

I'm definitely interested in the swap but am kind of feeling strangely attached to my current setup.

Mine are the standard PP wheels wrapped with MP4S (about 8/32" left and have a dealer warranty for road hazard). I REALLY REALLY like the michelins and I like the look of the PP wheels as well. However, I think the PP wheels are a little too common, too heavy, and aren't wide enough (I'm running 1" spacers around). I'm do in fact like where my car sits now, but I have been wanting to go wider for a while.

With those things in mind, what would you guys do? If I were to pick these up, I would have to use these for my daily and don't even have a personal garage yet (I live in an apartment complex with a gated parking garage), so I'm worried they would substantially increase the likelihood of theft.

Also I'm worried that the Nittos will perform much worse than the Michelins and I won't be able to have as much fun with them.

Should I just do the swap and worst case sell them back to someone? I feel like the PP wheels with Michelins are becoming very common now that it's stock on the 18+, so it wouldn't be terribly difficult to get them back if it didn't work out.

Any advice welcome.

PS, if you have experience with the Velgens and/or Nitto 555s, please feel free to share them. Would love to hear your experiences.
Sponsored

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem / 1999 Yellow GT Convt.
Looking for some advice.

A local is trying to swap his Velgen vmb9s (staggered and wrapped in Nitto 555s w/"decent tread") for PP wheels and $600.

I'm definitely interested in the swap but am kind of feeling strangely attached to my current setup.

Mine are the standard PP wheels wrapped with MP4S (about 8/32" left and have a dealer warranty for road hazard). I REALLY REALLY like the michelins and I like the look of the PP wheels as well. However, I think the PP wheels are a little too common, too heavy, and aren't wide enough (I'm running 1" spacers around). I'm do in fact like where my car sits now, but I have been wanting to go wider for a while.

With those things in mind, what would you guys do? If I were to pick these up, I would have to use these for my daily and don't even have a personal garage yet (I live in an apartment complex with a gated parking garage), so I'm worried they would substantially increase the likelihood of theft.

Also I'm worried that the Nittos will perform much worse than the Michelins and I won't be able to have as much fun with them.

Should I just do the swap and worst case sell them back to someone? I feel like the PP wheels with Michelins are becoming very common now that it's stock on the 18+, so it wouldn't be terribly difficult to get them back if it didn't work out.

Any advice welcome.

PS, if you have experience with the Velgens and/or Nitto 555s, please feel free to share them. Would love to hear your experiences.
I personally like the Looks of the PP wheel with spacers over the VMB9's. If you want a wider wheel then pick the wheel and tire combo when its time for tires again.