Vacuum Bleed Clutch, Pedal Sinks to Floor

wangfuco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP
My clutch hydraulics had been great, it was just that sometimes the pedal would sag a little overnight, and I had to pump it and drive it for a while to make the pedal nice and firm again.

I thought it was because of air in my system, so I got a vacuum pump and held some vacuum on top of the brake fluid reservoir, as per the procedure. However, after releasing the vacuum, I went back into the car and "pleasantly" found the clutch pedal lying dead on the floor. I ended up pumping the hell out of it to get out of this situation.

I have absolutely no brake fluid loss. I did replace my clutch and slave cylinder with Exedy's, and during driving, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the pedal. Could anybody give some insight on what needs to be repaired?
Sponsored

Marksman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Did you ever get an answer to your problem? I'm having the same problem described in your first paragraph. Dealer said they could find nothing wrong. Any advice?

OP
OP

wangfuco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP
Did you ever get an answer to your problem? I'm having the same problem described in your first paragraph. Dealer said they could find nothing wrong. Any advice?
Not yet... Mine has become more frequent, so maybe if it fails one day, I'll do a full clutch job. Until then, definitely let me know if you find anything!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Did you replace your clutch too?has the line started to slip off of your reservoir?

Sponsored

Marksman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
No. I didn't replace the clutch and line is on the reservoir, which is full. No leaks

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I ll go out on a limb here not having seen this issue in the mustang but some Porsche experience has me wondering that maybe you should bleed the system again with the clutch pedal blocked into the down position during the bleeding. Again this is only a suggestion that you should check into. report back to us please.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
No. I didn't replace the clutch and line is on the reservoir, which is full. No leaks
That’s interesting. My hose was once partially off of the reservoir, but I never experienced a drooping pedal, even after changing the clutch line out (twice). I did pump mine no less than 2500 times (seriously). I also have a bleeder fitting on mine and I gravity bled it before beginning the long pumping process.
Sponsored