Sponsored

Usefulness of a catch can on an EB motor?

KazyMedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX-8 and Toyota 86
I get being un-catted your gonna get more of fuel smell but the oil burning and the amount of smoke while idling is whats concerning me:frusty: and I personally don't think its normal so something isn't right :rant:
I have the same problem. So while it is annoying. This issue will be resolved with more testing.
Sponsored

Suddueth13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
I get being un-catted your gonna get more of fuel smell but the oil burning and the amount of smoke while idling is whats concerning me:frusty: and I personally don't think its normal so something isn't right :rant:
Being catless will allow you to smell everything that comes through, not just fuel. Is it smoking heavily or is it just a bit? A video may help to really determine. Most people just see a slight bit of smoke and freak out unnecessarily. If it's puking smoke at idle, that's a major issue. Otherwise, it's likely not much.

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Being catless will allow you to smell everything that comes through, not just fuel. Is it smoking heavily or is it just a bit? A video may help to really determine. Most people just see a slight bit of smoke and freak out unnecessarily. If it's puking smoke at idle, that's a major issue. Otherwise, it's likely not much.
Nah it's allot enough for me to notice along with other cars around, if the weather permits I'll take a video...

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Being catless will allow you to smell everything that comes through, not just fuel. Is it smoking heavily or is it just a bit? A video may help to really determine. Most people just see a slight bit of smoke and freak out unnecessarily. If it's puking smoke at idle, that's a major issue. Otherwise, it's likely not much.[/quot

[ame]

this was just after getting home from the gym

Sponsored

Suddueth13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
Being catless will allow you to smell everything that comes through, not just fuel. Is it smoking heavily or is it just a bit? A video may help to really determine. Most people just see a slight bit of smoke and freak out unnecessarily. If it's puking smoke at idle, that's a major issue. Otherwise, it's likely not much.[/quot

this was just after getting home from the gym
I wouldn't call that a lot. Doesn't look like oil either. It would be blue if it was oil.

Mine pukes smoke...2015 Mustang Ecoboost Turbo Dyno:
Your's looks like fuel until the engine unloads and pulls oil in under vacuum.

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
suddueth13 let me ask, essentially at idle the car can be considered NA since not under boost but under vacuum so with that being said if I were to tell you "yeah this is my 1999 Honda civic this is what it does at idle plus I'm getting a strong burnt oil smell.."you would say oh that's not a lot smoke that's normal..? The video doesn't really bring out the color but trust me it has a blueish tint to it plus the burnt oil smell

Last edited:

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I don't know how old you guys are, but did you ever smell and see cat less older cars? Only driving behind one gets you the oil and gas smell in your nose. There is a point why new cars got a cat these days.

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I don't know how old you guys are, but did you ever smell and see cat less older cars? Only driving behind one gets you the oil and gas smell in your nose. There is a point why new cars got a cat these days.
I've ran cat less before from my camaro to my civic & they never smoked liked this at idle or gave me a burnt oil smell now while getting on it that's a who different story
Sponsored