OP
OP
Kylerhagler

Kylerhagler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost PP MT
Search around, but the majority of people are happy with Tune+, Lund, Livernois, Unleashed, and maybe a couple others. They all have pros and cons. If my car had an AP married already, I'd be getting in touch with Adam at Tune+ for some advice and then have him tune accordingly (and personally, conservatively).
Thanks for the thoughts. I am going to go with Adam. I think he requires an intercooler before he does any tunes now. That's what I was told anyway. I will get his plugs and a catch can. Any thoughts on what Intercooler to go with?
Sponsored

DontoMelbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future EB Vert
Thanks for the thoughts. I am going to go with Adam. I think he requires an intercooler before he does any tunes now. That's what I was told anyway. I will get his plugs and a catch can. Any thoughts on what Intercooler to go with?
Since you are in TX and will start having a lot of fun when you get tuned :D, probably best to go with one of the big ones such as Levels , ETS, or ATM. Maybe Adam could give you a deal doing the tune and buying an IC from him. Doesn't hurt to ask.

bam88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost PP
Yeah I agree with Donto, Levels, ETS, ATM, MAP race core would fair much better in Texas. Cannot stress enough to get the intercooler before tuning. Spark plugs are best to check first before buying unless you just want to have a set on hand.

OP
OP
Kylerhagler

Kylerhagler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost PP MT
Yeah I agree with Donto, Levels, ETS, ATM, MAP race core would fair much better in Texas. Cannot stress enough to get the intercooler before tuning. Spark plugs are best to check first before buying unless you just want to have a set on hand.
Definitely need an intercooler for the heat here. I am excited, but was wondering, If I bought a levels race intercooler could I anodize it without it affecting the performance? There is one here locally that's silver for sale but I have a blacked out car and want to keep the black look, it also comes with charge pipes and an HKS blow off valve. Pretty good deal and I will take it if I can anodize the intercooler black. If not, I will most likely go with the ATM black intercooler.

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Hi James-

Just wanted to let you know, you are all set for the warranty registration.

Thanks!

Matt Korczyk
Ford Performance Info Center
(800) 367-3788

Sorry here is the email I got so yes for sure it exists. Sort of shorter term supplemental warranty. You are pretty close to the end of what it would be so take your pick.

Sponsored

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP - Gone
Like the others said, get a big one (everything's bigger in Texas). I grabbed a mishimoto early on because it was on sale and I live in WI, but I know it's not the best unit for all out performance.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
My $0.02 would be to stay away from cold air intakes on the EB. They are useless. From what I read on his website Adam seems to agree with that.

Lynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
pretty sure FP tune chart is at crank, stock car stays about 260-270hp wheel

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
First upgrade should have been a Blow off valve or more ideally blow off valve converter to keep the factory operation of the bypass valve. That was a large part of the reason I settled for the ecoboost. If I couldn't have the V8 roar I was going to make sure I fully embraced the turbo 4 sound. :thumbsup:

Also only saw one other comment to this regard but: you said the car came with an access-port married to it already? Do you know if the car is/was tuned already? Just pointing this out as it seems like overkill for someone to get an access-port just to data-log a stock car when there are far cheaper options.

Overall seems like everyone has given you the standard advice for the best bang for you buck power bump so you should be good.

OP
OP
Kylerhagler

Kylerhagler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost PP MT
First upgrade should have been a Blow off valve or more ideally blow off valve converter to keep the factory operation of the bypass valve. That was a large part of the reason I settled for the ecoboost. If I couldn't have the V8 roar I was going to make sure I fully embraced the turbo 4 sound. :thumbsup:

Also only saw one other comment to this regard but: you said the car came with an access-port married to it already? Do you know if the car is/was tuned already? Just pointing this out as it seems like overkill for someone to get an access-port just to data-log a stock car when there are far cheaper options.

Overall seems like everyone has given you the standard advice for the best bang for you buck power bump so you should be good.
Yes, it is flashed with the Cobb Stage 1 93oct map. I have been in contact with Tune+ since Adam and the gang are local here. I am doing an intercooler and a tune on the car.

I appreciate all the responses and help!

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
FP tune is more compared to Cobb stage 1 in reality. FP tune uses horsepower at the crank unlike in comparison to the wheel that Cobb displays in their graph. Stage 2/3 is 65-75 HP increase peak over FP's 25 peak, and about 140HP maximum in higher rpms. Of course, who knows how this will hurt the engine or turbo. Of course Cobb stage 2 figures you upgraded at least the inter cooler and intake.
Sponsored